Frugal Village Forums banner

My daughter and grandsons moving in

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Debbie-cat 
#1 ·
My daughter has decided to go to college and get some sort of degree. Being a single mom with a 7 year old and a 3 year old is hard. She was working 40 hours a week never had time with the boys because she had to work. Trying to to shuffle the boys to there dads on Monday, Tuesday. Wed,Thursday,Sunday she has them,Friday and Sat We have them.
Her lease is up at her apartment, so had has decided to to move in with us. She will go to school Monday through Friday 8 -12 but work Thursday afternoon double on Friday and Saturday.So she will still work 28 to 30 a week. She is a waitress and been at the same place for 4 years now. Between rent $510, car payment $180, insurance $60, gas $60, electric $100 Soccer money for her son $20 and misc stuff they need $50, cell phone $25 she is on our account.she does get help with food stamps, but they have cut back so much she only gets $120 a month. So she adds another $30 with that a month.So when she moves here all she will be paying is her car payment which she is paying off with her taxes , then just gas and insurance. So it will be a tough change to get use to again. I know its for the best. So wish us luck!

#3 ·
You are such a good mom and I know that you will make it work for everyone. It may be hard, but the blessings will be abundant!! Keep us posted!!

Reactions: Nana2two
#4 ·
good luck and thats wonderful you are helping your dd during the time

Reactions: Nana2two
#5 ·
It's probably going to take some trial and error, but I'm sure you guys will make this work. The end result makes it worth all the effort. And I doubt your dd wouldn't have asked to move in with her boys, if she didn't feel you have a loving home.

I'm thinking too that with the recent passing of your mom, this is a "blessing in disguise" for you too! I think you'll love having your GSs around, and I don't doubt for a minute that they're gonna love being with their nana too!

Hoping the best for all of you!

Theresa :)

#9 ·
Good luck and you are awesome for letting her live there :)

Right now DH and I are living with dad, and being DH is not working, and I am not making much money, there is no money to give dad, and its becoming really rough on all of us, so it does take trial and error, but I am sure you guys can make it work!

#14 ·
Things are going fantastic. Tons better then what what thought.

#15 ·
Am so glad to hear that N2T!! The memories you are ceating for evereyone are truly priceless!!

#17 ·
Nana I am so glad to hear things are going so well for all of you! You are such a great person to do this for them. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.