Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my DH is an alcoholic he has been well forever I suppose. Last weekend he went out with friends and lets say came home so plastered that he was talking craziness. Now I must confess he truly scares me when he gets this way. About a year or so back he actually kicked in my wrought iron security screen(wow what a false sense of securlty those are) in one of these rages. Ok well after last weekend he actually scared himself and has decided its time to stop drinking. We went to a funeral Thursday -friday with his family who all drink heavily and he drank water and soda. I am so proud of him. Its gonna be a long road but we are trekking it together.:fence: Wish us luck!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Best of luck to both you and dh!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
It's a long hard road, but it can be done! One day at a time....he can do it! :)

·
27,948 Posts
Wishing him the strength and determination to make this positive change. Hope he'll ask for help if the going gets too tough from people who can give him whatever he needs to make this a change that sticks.
Hugs to you. :hugz:

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
wishing you the best!!!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wishing you and your DH all the best. :hugz:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Good luck..wishing you all the best.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
It is a difficult road. Take it from an Irish Catholic family. I think they all drink in my husbands family. But the first step is admitting there is a problem and then the courage and support to change. You must remember that he must do the changing and you sometimes will feel so lost. I don't know what your religion is, but my nephew just finished rehab for drinking and he learned alot through the aaa book. Maybe try to find one and read it. It was very interesting. Also be sure to look up on how family factors into the recovery. These are just suggestions and I know you don't know me, I was just being helpful. I hope that I didn't offend.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
:applause: For your dh. I hope everything works out for you both.

·
Registered
579 Posts
:clap: I applaud anyone trying to improve themselves. He must have gotten sick and tired. Positive thoughts going out to you on the road ahead, and with your help I am sure he can find healthier outlets or substitutes for his old habit.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I wish you and your DH the best of luck!

·
Registered
374 Posts
From experience iI can tell you that it will be long road but a trip well worth it
My DH got his 5th dui and faced 2 1/2-5 years in state. With my help and a very good attorney he only got 6 month and house arrest. Of course he is still on probation and we just go the fines paid off. When he was drinking it was nothing for him to drink 24 in an evening and still be able to go to work in the morning. He would get very obnoxious at times.In the middle of all this his dad took his life and things with his 12 year old started goinog down hill. But as of Aug 3 we got married and got custody of his daughter, March will be two years without alcohol.He still gets the urge once in a while but is able to say no. Sorry this is so long but I wanted you to know it is worth it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts