Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you all know we are selling my mother's house and she has moved in with me. we are in the process of putting on a new addition to our house. my brother is refusing to sign off on the house because he thinks we (my other sister and i) sold it too low. ok, that is family drama crap......anyways i am overwhelmed at this time. dealing with my contractor and new codes, blah, blah, blah....more $$$$, etc. we have been negotiating with the buyers on ma's house......title 5 and putting in the new cesspool system. yada, yada....i am on overload.

well dh is going over every minute detail on the addition in his head. he is overthinking it in my opinion. we have the plans made up and just really need to know where to place the windows, and the contractor isn't even ready for that info. yet. we haven't even had the cement poured yet. well dh is driving me nuts!!!!!!!! every word out of his mouth is about all of this that we have talked to death already. i can't stand even talking about it one more minute or my head will explode. we are repainting a couple of rooms and the 2 additions. he is haunting me on what colors i want. he wants everything bought ahead of time, etc. at this moment i had a fight and came in the house so that i don't have to be with him today. my poor ma is probably getting her ear talked off......lol

wee don't work well together, we have 2 totally different styles on working things out................ok....just wanted to vent......aaaahhhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Vent away!

Reactions: rosey7415

·
19,119 Posts
Venting is a good thing - very intelligent on your part!!

My DH and I have different styles too - fortunately we learned that early and have always laughed about the fact that we would never be able to build a house together!!

Please try to remember that this too shall pass!!

Reactions: rosey7415

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you all for your responses. :) i survived the day. i stayed inside and got many bags and boxes unpacked from my mother's house. i was mad and motivated...lol it went pretty fast. i really just needed the break from him so bad. we are now talking okey. sometimes you just need to scream.....ya know?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Would writing down what you have already decided on help with the repeating, incessant questions? I can be forgetful, and quite often don't listen in the first place, so having notes and paperwork helps keep me in line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts