Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we got the call on Dec. 19th that dh's unit was put on alert.  We didn't hear anything until after the New Year.  Dh called his unit, and it was on a voluntary basis.  Well, all those people are failing their SRP, and it looks like he will be forced to go.  The worst part is that he might have to leave on Jan. 20.  His orders will be for 12-18 months.  I don't know if I can take it.  All I feel like doing is crying.  My ds2 took the last deployment of 6 months very hard.  I don't know how it will affect him.  DS3 is also going to take it hard.  I never thought that I would have to be sitting here in this position.  I mean, he is National Guard for petes sake.  His unit has not been deployed before 2001 since the Korean war. 

So, for the next year please keep him in your prayers.  I know that we can really use the extra prayers.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
You and your family will always be in my prayers. I wish the best to your dh and the other men and women with him. We will all be here for you and your family! God bless!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
God Bless him and all the rest of our military that are doing their parts. Your husband will certainly be in my dialy prayers. Can you tell us his first name so I can ask for blessings? Hugs and love to you as well. We will be here when you need a shoulder.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm so sorry...:( I will also add him to my prayers...as well as you all. Keep your courage...We are here for you.:hugz:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
:hugz: and prayers for you and your famiy!
I know it kinda sounds trite, but THANK YOU for your sacrifice.
We'll be praying and if there's anything else we can do, let us know! more :hugz:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
His name is Art. Thank you everyone for your prayers. I never thought that after his last deployment to Germany that I would have to go through this again for a while. He has only been home for about 10 months. I know that it will be a long and tough road. But I will get though it for my boys.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugz: Hon. We'll keep him, your family and all the others that are making such a great sacrifice for our country in prayer. I have another friend going through what you are right now. Her husband is also National Guard and is serving in Iraq as is her oldest son.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you also. I can't even imagine what you are going through but I am sure you will make it for your boys. Mothers have a great strength as I am sure you know.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I'm sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Big :hug2: for you and your family.

·
27,948 Posts
Originally posted by SewCrafty
Big :hug2: for you and your family.
When the going gets tough & you need a shoulder, we'll be here to help all we can.:hugz:

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers, as well as the rest of your family. :hug2:

Keep us posted.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
:hugz: to you... I'll pray for all of you.....

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I will be keeping you, your DH and your family in my thoughts and prayers. We are all so grateful for your sacrifice and dedication in keeping us free and safe in our homeland. I will be asking for angels to keep Art safe and sound during his deployment.

We are here for you anytime you need us. Please feel free to come here when you need a hug or a shoulder to lean or cry on. We all care about you and your family.:angel2:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
simplemom said:
I'm so sorry...:( I will also add him to my prayers...as well as you all. Keep your courage...We are here for you.:hugz:

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Katybird said:
I will be keeping you, your DH and your family in my thoughts and prayers. We are all so grateful for your sacrifice and dedication in keeping us free and safe in our homeland. I will be asking for angels to keep Art safe and sound during his deployment.

We are here for you anytime you need us. Please feel free to come here when you need a hug or a shoulder to lean or cry on. We all care about you and your family.:angel2:
((((((HUGS))))))

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Katybird said:

Kathy said is so beautifully that I just had to quote her. We do appreciate all those who make these sacrifices to make the world a better, safer place - not only the ones who serve, but the ones who must remain behind. Hang in there and please, lean on us all that you want too. :hug2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts