Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found out today , thru my dd that her dad is going to take me to court again to get the spousal support lowered. He pays occasionally when he wants to. He took me to court a year and a half ago to lower the child support , which they did because lied about his income. So Im not looking forward to this. I just wish I could proof he makes double what he says.
Thanks for listening! I am just so fustrated right now.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Can't they look up his S.S. number & prove it? Since it's the court, they should make him prove it. I wonder if your lawyer can make him show is W2?
Good luck.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Lots of exes that do that work for cash and it is hard to prove. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I've been to court on several occasions with my ex, mostly about child support.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
They should make him show his W2, I would actually request it at the hearing. You can tell them he is making more than he is stating and they will ask him for a W2 or most recent paystubs.

Wishing you the best and let us know how things turn out. When is the court date?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He owns his own business. I know that he will give them a discount if they pay cash, but I can't prove it in court.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
My ex works for cash also. It is IMPOSSIBLE to prove their income.

Sadly, my best advice is to learn to live without his contribution and look upon it as a delightful bonus on the rare occasions that it arrives.

As far as his sporadic payments go, if he is taking you to court to lower payments, more than likely you can kill two birds with one stone by asking the court to enforce the payments that he should have made all ready.

Good luck and I hope you screw his butt to the wall.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yep going thru the same thing myself he filed on us in late Oct and we still haven't been to court yet. I'm dragging it out as long as I can b/c during that time he's still has to make his reg amount of child support. He called me last yr whinning about how he doesn't make the money he did when he was in the military *shrugs I'm not the one that told you to get out and sell Rv's. He personally cut child support by 1/3 I didn't say a word even after I told him we couldn't afford him too. And now he wants to lower support, have more time with the kids and wants a discount on the support when he has the kids *gawd their such asses. So I'm like ok it's on...I now have child support services garnishing his wages and the over 5 thousand in back child support, the 3 thousand he screwed me out of his part of retirement and all the medical bills he's suppose to of being paying half of all this time. I find it ironic that he got a new job in Dec while he was ask to show his W-2's for the last 3 yrs, I know he's messing us around. My hopes are that they will garnish his income tax...they bought a 170 thousand dollar house and 3 new cars in the four yrs since our divorce and have gotten their azze's so far in debt that it's the kids that are paying for it. Its his new wife she's such a selfish biotch it's all about her and her messed up bunch. Ironically some of the last words he told me when we called it quits was "he wasn't nothing more than a paycheck to me" I laugh now b/c I'm like how you feel'n now buddy? Needless to say we ain't friends, he's friendly to me when he calls but pfft I don't trust him. Get child support enforcement involved !!! I'm finally starting to see some results after 3 months with them but it's still better than what I was getting when I was dealing with the ex on my own. My last suggestion would be see if they can't audit his business account for proof of wages since he's self employeed. Good luck, your not alone

·
Registered
282 Posts
What kind of business does he have? Does he have customers or private clients? What I am getting at is could you have him set up? Hire ( I know money issue) someone to pretend to need his services, set up a deal and make a cash payment option. Maybe a hidden camera sting like "Dateline" does for child molesters. Then nab him. I know far fetched, but oh that would be sweet justice.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can sympathize. My dd's father claimed to the court that he is paid in cash and does not file taxes. (YES, he did admit that and they have done nothing about it - this was about 4 years ago) They took his word for it and based his child support payments on that. He told them he only made $6 per hour, which I know is not true (he's not paid by the hour, paid by the job). Sometimes the courts suck!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Aren't EX's great! Mine used to tell me I was sucking him dry with child support payments. This was way back in 1994, he was an electrician making $22 an hour and I was working in the school cafeteria making $600 a month. He also bought new vehicles, property and took a much needed vacation overseas to "find himself" during this time.

I know you probably can't afford it, but you need a good lawyer that can help prove he's hiding income. Can you request copies of his tax returns, maybe these would show all the extra he's writing off.

I don't know who you would call about back child support, but maybe start by calling the child services office in your area.

I hope things work out for you.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I can't understand why these deadbeats want to make the children they fathered suffer because they are too selfish to let go of any money.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I can tell you that California is on it so contact your local DAs office......they will go thru his business records if they have too.......I say push him, don't tell him what you are doing just do it and let the chips fall for him where they may......I used to do payroll for a company in southern california and we had one guy that was having money pulled out of his check for back child support and his child was 21..............so make it happen!

You can do this.

leezza

·
Registered
626 Posts
He should be paying through the child support office and not you directly. I am thinking he wants to get a legal agreement as to what child support will be and establish a payment plan through the child support office because it costs quite a bit to take a matter like this to court... and he wouldn't be doing it if he didn't feel he had to.
It's a good idea to have child support payments monitored by the state... to keep things fair and real.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts