Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently started focusing seriously on the frugal lifestyle, but I am "cheap" by nature, lol. I am new to the world of couponing and stockpiling and I'm having a ball with it.

My first challenge will be to set a limit of $100 for all meals not prepared at home in the month of December. This will include lunches in my work cafeteria and DH's occasional breakfasts or lunches with his co-workers. He seems to be up for the challenge too, so we'll give it a shot!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Good luck with your first challenge, keep us abreast of your success!!! Posting in your signature really helps keep you on track too!!
Mommy

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome! Look forward to seeing your progress :)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Good job!! You can do it :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good challenge. You can do it. Cutting back on meals out is a very worthwhile endeavor.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, It's only December 5th, and you can see in my signature that we've already spent over $32.00 out of the $100.00 goal. Most of that is two lunches out that were pretty much mandatory for DH (he's military and the protocol is very strict).:bs2: I guess we'll have to be well behaved for the rest of the month!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, we've made it a few more days without bumping the dining out totally up too much more...I'm really confident that we'll stay within the $100 goal this month and lower it a bit next month too!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Friday night we spent 11.99 on a large take-and-bake pizza and a free cheesy bread. We ate the pizza for supper on Friday and lunch on Sat..and had the cheesy bread with Saturday's dinner. I think we stretched out our splurge pretty well.
Tomorrow is the half way point for the month, and we've spent about half of the budgeted amount, so we're right on track!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wanted to post an update... I seem to have lost complete control on this one. Since I am recording all spending in 2010, I'm sure I will be shocked at the eating out totals and I'll have to modify my ways out of sheer guilt! I will see how it goes and maybe make it a personal challenge again later this year!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts