Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I have to give it a thumbs down.

"The $3000 kitchen makeover". muwhahaha.

I have read mixed reviews on this magazine, so couldn't wait to see for myself. I got a free subscription and this is the first one to arrive.
This month was all retro and nothing appealed to me at all in the entire magazine. There was a 20% off coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond. Can't say I shop there often though.
Anyone like the magazine? Should I look forward to the next one? Maybe this one was just unusually bad. LOL

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I like the magazine in general but I don'tthik it lives up to it's name at all. But I supose for some people it's a way to start on the way to frugal living.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I get this magazine and have to laugh at what they consider "budget living"!:toothy: I have been able to glean a few things from it, but all in all, I don't think it's all that great. I'm glad I didn't pay for a subscription to it.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I got the first issue (free subscription too!). They had a $15,000 makeover of a very small apartment in NYC. Let's not forget the $150 cashmere DOG sweater! I usually find one decent idea per issue. The rest is a giant howl. My friends and I get the biggest kick out of the so-called frugal ideas. Give me AMY ANY DAY!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had gotten it a couple of times then cancelled. After all, the title is Budget Living, not Frugal Living. It never said whose budget they were basing it on. Certainly not mine! LOL!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I agree with y'all...I wasn't impressed with it either. I got a free copy and I was so glad I didn't pay for it!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I got a free subscription but I have not received my first issue yet. I hope that I can find something good in it. :confused: If not I guess I can donate them to the hospital volunteers for the waiting rooms.:)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
My free sub just expired, and I choose not to renew if for $19 or so a year....:bang:
If I had that to spend on a mag, it would be a Reiman one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts