Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I go to bed, let me share my day with you. Last month I got 2 free white nice texture sheets. So today I managed to sew a duvet and two pillow cases. My daughter came by and colored my hair (turned a bit dark),but still saved money doing at home. We had lunch I used ingridients from freezer) homemade pizza and wings. In the mail got 4 big card (2 Christmas and 2 Birthday). Got two pumpkins and really don't know whatto do with them.
Please any suggestion, do I bake, freeze, canning.
Tommorow will continue knitting scarves and sewing fabric bags for wine bottles.
Good night pals.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Pumpkin freezes really well. I usually steam it in cubes, then mash it and freeze it in bags or containers. You can pull it out and use it for- pumpkin bread, pies, soup, muffins.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thank you very much for the tip, I will steam them and freeze them. How do I mash them, using a blender?
Vera

·
Registered
216 Posts
If I have a large amount I use the blender or food-processer, but sometimes I just mush it down a bit with a potato masher.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I found a great non-fat choc muffin recipe- it uses pumpkin as a hidden ingredient
www.recipezaar.com recipe#259908

I left out the pudding mix, they are yummy :chef:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts