Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies,

The layoff that I've been worried about has finally become a reality!

DH told me a few weeks back that he wanted me to find a new job. I told him no. Why??? Because there are no jobs in my area that pay what I make.

I told him yesterday that he will (starting Monday) park his truck and drive my car (truck--10 yrs old--excellent condition, but needs an overhaul). The car is 2 yrs old and still being paid for...it may as well earn it's keep...LOL. Our luck something major would go on the truck that we won't be able to afford....besides my car has better gas milage!

AND I also told him that taking job before school starts would be too hard on us because if it only pays minimum wage, all I will be paying for would be UNCLE SAM and the BABYSITTER. If I can find a job at all, it has to be compairable to what I make now. As it stands, unemployement and a small amount of child support will be paying me to stay home and watch my own kids until I am able to find another job or am called back to work. The only thing I'll lose will be the amount I pay the sitter anyway. Won't miss it...hehehehe

So, lets find out how much I have learned....I'm looking on this as an adventure...not a pitfall.

I'm going to start making hand crafted yarn dolls and see if I can sell them on the net. Don't worry...I'll save my sales pitch for ebay...hehehehehehehe

·
27,948 Posts
Sounds like your ready for some fun Graci. Great attitude!
It is crazy the way some work and most of the money goes for childcare. I never understood that.
Have fun saving and scrimping & enjoying your family.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Graci, with your positive attitude I know you can do it. Paying daycare doesn't make sense if you don't have to, when all your earnings would go into daycare.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have to say, I do work and have 3 kids in daycare.... yes most of my earnings go to pay daycare, BUT if I didn't work my children wouldn't have health insurance.

Good Luck on your new adventure Graci!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Great attitude Graci, good luck on your new adventure
in life! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Well Graci, from one scrimper to another...it's not so bad. Sure I wish I had the money I used to, but this has made me a better person. You can do it, the village has been so helpful, where you have problems, post and you'll get so much good advice. If I can do it, you can too. Good luck, call it an adventure!

·
27,948 Posts
cmu said:
I have to say, I do work and have 3 kids in daycare.... yes most of my earnings go to pay daycare, BUT if I didn't work my children wouldn't have health insurance.

Good Luck on your new adventure Graci!!
Healthcare is a great reason,now I understand. Thanks cmu!:)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Graci,
I think you are exactly right. Great Attitude. I hope your dolls do well on ebay. Make sure you show them to us first though.

pat

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Good luck Graci, I know you can do it !!!!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Go Graci! Go Graci! :dancing::toothy: I love your upbeat attitude! I pray your dolls do well on ebay!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I know you will do fine. Good luck and enjoy being home with your family, it makes for a special summer to remember.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you, ladies for the support...I love it here! DH is still on me about "what am I gonna do??"

Have a bit of faith! He's worried about the car payment...I know, but he'll see.

later

Understand completely about the health insurance!! Been there! Fortunately, dh has insurance...all we have to do is switch when mine runs out (I kept mine because it was better--covered more).

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Awe Graci, sorry you got layed off. I'm in that status too. I'm glad you have such a good attitude and I know you will do well. Enjoy your time with your family.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
You can do it Graci! Think positive.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I can**chug-chug**I think I can**chug-chug**....WWWOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOO

HEHEHEHE

1 - 18 of 18 Posts