Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the city wide garage sale in the next city over from us and we went bright and early. I got:

Rival Electric Slicer -- $5.00
Rival Electric Steamer -- $1.00
Big Rooster Breadbox -- $2.00
Tupperware bowls w/lids -- .10c each
Fishing poles w/reels -- .10c each (this was DH favorite bargain of the day)
Large Tackle Box w/fishing stuff inside -- $5.00
Lots of cute name brand clothes for DD -- .25c-.50c
Beautiful Victorian Flue Cover -- .50c
Lots of Cookbooks -- .10, .25 and .50c each
Decorative Bottles for my kitchen window seals -- .25c each
2 lawn chairs -- .50c each
2 TV trays -- .10c each
Rotary Cutter with mat -- .25c (my fav bargain of the day)
Ice Cream Sundae glasses -- .10c each
TV antenna -- .50c
beautiful handpainted lamp (with rural farm scene on it, signed by artist) -- .50c

I know I must have gotten more since I had a trunk and backseat full of stuff but I can't think of the other stuff now. You can see I had a great day. I wish you could have all gone with me :) .

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Wow you got some great deals there. I wish I had been with you as well. The town wide yard sale we were suppose to go to got rained out!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Lots of great treasures Kathy!! :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Wow! Kathy! You had great deals! :)

I have one question: What is this?....
Rotary Cutter with mat -- .25c (my fav bargain of the day

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
City wide sales at our town today as well as 2 neighboring towns.
We had a sale at my MIL's but only made $15- I think people were just overwhelmed.

I got:

2 cupcake pans- one Mickey Mouse, one teddy bear- .05 each
new backpack from a local college - .05 (will go to Pine Ridge as soon as I collect school supplies)
a huge sack of paperback books- at least 30 books all for $1.00
a like-new kitchen trash can- .50
Little Tikes slide with crawl through space- $2.00 (she had priced it at $15, but it was filthy and I just walked away after I looked at the price- she chased me down and said if I would take it for $2, she'd have her husband load it in my truck :) )
Little Tikes rocking horse- .50
long sleeved snap shirts for my dad- .10 each (some still had the tags on them- will give them to him for Father's day)
box of pint sized canning jars- 2 dozen- $2.00
several craft books - .20 each
several craft magazines- .10 each

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Denise, you did great too. Enjoy your bargains.

Lucie, a rotary cutter and mat is a rolling cutter. It is razor sharp and the mat are self healing so that after you cut on them, the cut mark closes back up. They are used in quilting. The one that I got today is a small one, it is probably 15mm so I will use it for applique quilting, the mat that came with it is 12" x 12". It has "Family Circle" printed on the back of the mat so I don't know if it was some type of a promotional item or if they sold them. I am tickled to get it for a quarter though.:D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Yippe for Kathy and Denise !!!!!!!! I only did a few yards sales and only found a few goodies........ A couple chile pepper things for Robin, a few tupperware bowls and some shorts for ds........

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Lots of great deals, it was rainig here today so no yard sales, plus I was too tired to stay up after working all night!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow I would say you have hit the motherload of garage sales. We went out today also and as we stopped st one garage sale a man was leaving and told us they are giving the stuff away. The first thing we spotted was a large wooden doll house all fixed up and filled with furniture we asked the price and he said $10 so we brought that home. Dh got some tools and a very old battery tester thing. We sure wish we had gotten to that sale earlier because the prices were just great.

It is so nice to get those sales.
Renie

·
27,948 Posts
Great Deals!!! Wish I could have been there.:)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
A huge box of assorted curtains-$3.00
Electric pencil sharpener-$.50
Ceramic teapot $1.00
magazine rack $1.00

DH bought a golf bag cart from my OB/GYN, lol

It poured rain here, but we did okay.

2 weeks ago we got a maple table with chairs for $55.00. It is gorgeous!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Wow, you guys listed some great bargains!!! Congratulations! Sorry to those of you who got rained out.

We went to a town wide yard sale and also hit 2 others on the way over. Here's a list fo what we got:
3 videos .50 each
1 DVD $2
1 really nice collapsable golf bag cart $2
2 pairs of shorts .10 each
1 bread pan .25
1 CD player $10 (only used a couple of times before)
2 dozen golf balls FREE

Friday, at a Used curriculum sale for homeschoolers I managed to get a graphing calculator for $15 (I had just bought another one the week before for $40 and needed to get 2 more), lots of free back issues of Homeschool Digest (saved $50 in having to order all those back issues that I wanted), several good homeschooling books, tapes, videos and computer programs. I also made money selling my items!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow ladies, we all got great bargains! I just love garage sales! I am sorry for those of you who got rained out, I hope next weekend will be better for you :sun: .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts