Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on 250lbs now...only being 22 and 5 foot 2 inches, I finally just now realized, I need to loose it. I have to loose it.

I am starting tomorrow. I can't take it anymore!!!

I really am going to do it this time. I really need your help and support. Its nice and cool outside now which means its nice weather to go running so its the perfect time!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
You can do it!!!! Just make reasonable goals and don't beat yourself up if you make a mistake.

Do you have any special plan in mind?

Just speed walking 45 minutes 5 or 6 days a week can do wonders.

Keep us posted! :cheergrl:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yup! Tomorrow is the 1st day of the rest of your life, and you absolutely, positively, WILL make the changes you need to reach your goal! Congratulations on facing this head on! No looking back now! We're about to see a whole new AnW here! :cheergrl:

I'm looking forward to your progress. We're here anytime for ya! :grball:

Theresa :)

·
19,119 Posts
great decision - actually if you start right this minute - you'll have a running start on tomorrow!! Best advice - drink lots of lots of water!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
In another thread you asked for dinner ideas for 1. My suggestion: no fry-ups! Lots of salads and veggies, lean meat.

Good luck!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Ashley-skip the white. Sugar,salt,white flour. Drink a glass of water before you eat a meal. You have to be a concious eater,so no tv when you eat. Come join us at lose a pound a week thread. We post our meals,goals and just talk about it. I have lost between 25-30# since May. And I am over 2x your age. There are a good number of people in your weight range.
We try to support ourselves and each other.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Good for you! Keep us posted.

As stated above, LOTS and LOTS of water! drink nothing but and lots of it!!

Start out slow by walking for 20 mins a day for a few then keep adding a few mins on every few days.

·
27,948 Posts
Start slowly, walking. No need to possibly hurt yourself or sabotage yourself at the start. Any little thing you do is more than you were doing and counts big time. Take it a day at a time & know that it doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing. What your working towards is a lifestyle change not a life of all sweat and deprivation. Just keep making good choices and be good to you.

Getting out more, even "just" walking is going to help all(physical & emotional) parts of your life. Go you!:cheergrl:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
You can definitely do this! :cheergrl:

There's so much inspiration and good advice around here to keep you going.

You've made a very positive step towards taking really good care of yourself, best of luck :)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
you can do it !! your young - your schedule besides work is pretty much yours ( no kids to have to run and get etc etc )

do you have a pedometer - they say just setting a goal of so many steps and making sure you meet it each day can help.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
My suggestions: the water trick: one glass before you eat, one glass while you're eating and gone glass after you've eaten or a hot coffee/tea. Avoid empty calorie laden drinks - pop/juice will not fill you but consume your calorie count for the day.

Look at it this way: what fills you more for a longer period of time a glass of pop or a sandwhich?

Also - measure out proper serving portions which are labeled on the back of ingredients. (use the food guide pyramid) You may start out hungry or starving after you eat - hence the extra glass of water or hot coffee/tea to fill you. Know what fills you or gives you that full feeling - fibre will and junk wont.

Know you can have a small snack 2 hours AFTER you've eaten. It will seem impossible at first but once your body learns you're just going to eat later on...it will relax with the starvation pangs. Instead of eating 3 big meals/day eat 6 smaller ones more spread out on a consistent basis ie every 3-4 hours vs 1 meal every 7 hrs.

And lastly - move. A brisk walk (not run) for a min of 30 minutes/day be it in one 30 minute shot or 3 x 10 minute bursts.

You may not lose but you'll maintain your weight vs gaining. Diet & exercise balance each other and its up to you to find the right ratio.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
My suggestions: the water trick: one glass before you eat, one glass while you're eating and gone glass after you've eaten or a hot coffee/tea. Avoid empty calorie laden drinks - pop/juice will not fill you but consume your calorie count for the day.

I find having hot tea after my dinner is HUGELY helpful.

I grew up in a house where we always had dessert, regardless of whether or not we were still hungry, after dinner.

So when I figured out that even a couple of high calorie/high in sat. fat biscuits in excess of your daily calorie allowance can pile weight on over a long period of time, I found it really hard to give up dessert - enter my saviour; tea!

I know these are such small things, but, for me, I don't want to do anything that I can't imagine continuing long term. So if the weight comes off pretty slowly, that's okay - there's less chance of me stopping the "diet" when I reach my goal weight and then piling it back on when I go back to eating "normally".

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good luck! You can do it! :clap:

·
Registered
125 Posts
How's your progress? I agree with the posters about water/tea. I am a green tea addict! :laugh: I see you have a lot going on in your life where you might feel a sense of control but this something that that you totally can. A healthy you is a happier you! I hope you are having successes!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.