Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so this year I am not going to make resolutions, I am setting goals for myself. And a goal isn't any good unless you have it in writing!

I have been battling weight for the past 17 years and I am so tired of being this way. I need to honestly access how I am doing. I know certain things about myself need to change, but it is so much easier to make excuses than tackle them head on. Excuses get me nowhere fast. A whole lifetime can be spent making excuses, giving in, feeling guilty, resolving to do better, mentally beating myself up for not keeping my resolve, feeling like a failure and resigning that things can't change. I have finally decided that I DO NOT to spend a lifetime in thisw cycle. I have to make this change. I want it Spiritually, Physically and Mentally. I honestly believe the battle is in these 3 areas. Moretimes than I care to admit I turn to food for comfort when I should turn to God.

We have a new Christian radio station here that took over 1/1/11 and Monday they have a guest woman on named Lysa TerKeurst and she has written a book called Made to Crave. It is a book that is a Christian way to over come an addiction that you may have. Hers was food, and that is what mine is. And she says "I consume food, food does not consume me." I need to remember this, tell myself this daily, write it on sticky notes and stick them up on the fridge, pantry door, cabinets etc..... I have not gotten her book yet, but I am looking for it and I am listening to her on the radio.

With that said here are my goals for 2011.............

1. Become closer to the Lord and become a better Christian.
2. Become a better wife.
3. Become a better mother
4. Lose 75 pounds.
5. Excersie
6. Become a better housekeeper
7. Budget, Budget, Budget.....if it's not in the budget you don't get it!!! I want it live like no one else now so I can live like no one else later.

My Plan of action is......

1. Read and Study the Bible more daily, Pray more daily

2. Pray with my husband, Be more attentive, listen more, and communicate better with my husband.

3. Be more understanding with my daughter, be more attentive, study the biblewith her every evening and pray with her before she goes to bed, and be a better role model for her.

4. Aim to lose 60 pounds by July...that's 2.5 pounds a week, log everything I eat daily, Drink more water remember that I consume food, food does not consume me.

5. Get up at 4:30 and exercise before I get ready for work

6. Clean some everday when I get home from work wether I feel like it or not.

7. Budget, Budget, Budget

I would love to have more join me in this......If you would like to make goals instead of resolutions, please feel free to post them and then we can help one another in achieving them. I sure could use the support and encouragement.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I will say a prayer for you! I pray the Lord fills you with wisdom and determination to get you to where you need to be in His eyes... Way to go!

Reactions: rissimo

·
Registered
431 Posts
wonderful goals!!!

1)I would like to get up before the kids to meditate and pray and do some inspirational reading.

2) i would like to drop thirty pounds this year get back into fighting weight

3) would like to get to two tai chi classes a month and maybe two yoga classes

4) bring back my daily yoga routine

5)listen to my children actively and try to be more patient with them

6) get my year sobriety nov 9 2011

7) make more meetings a week

8) set up my easel and do some painting when I have free moments

9) attend Church regularly and get involved with the Church

probably could think of more but thats a start for me

patty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts