Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) Obviously to be debt free!
2.) Start my emergency fun!
3.) Move out of my dads (meaning saving close to $2000), and get an apartment with DH.
4.) Finally be able to have a family and get on fertility meds!
5.) Open up a bakery (or find one to work in) so I can FINALLY be a cake decorator/baker that I know I can be!

There they are :) I really hope that all of them can be achieved!!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Hope you succeed with your goals they are all very good.

Reactions: AnW819

·
8,714 Posts
~I worked in a bakery when I was 19, also trying to become a cake decorator. I took every opportunity to learn and I continually asked to do the harder stuff. I hated the staff and being put off so much that I quit after six months. After picking up my last check the cake decorator(son of the owner) approached me and said what a shame it was that I quit because he was going to teach me cake decorating. Urg. Point of story: avoid family bakeries!
Anyhow, I wish you lots of luck with your plan and recommend that you start your cake decorating journey at a major grocery chain. Our Pathmark has a high turnover for this as they advertise for one several times a year.~

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
~I worked in a bakery when I was 19, also trying to become a cake decorator. I took every opportunity to learn and I continually asked to do the harder stuff. I hated the staff and being put off so much that I quit after six months. After picking up my last check the cake decorator(son of the owner) approached me and said what a shame it was that I quit because he was going to teach me cake decorating. Urg. Point of story: avoid family bakeries!
Anyhow, I wish you lots of luck with your plan and recommend that you start your cake decorating journey at a major grocery chain. Our Pathmark has a high turnover for this as they advertise for one several times a year.~
Thanks so much! I use to work at a grocery store for a long time but quit because I moved. Now for the past 6 months I think I have applied @ every grocery store within 25 minutes from me for any position just hoping I can get into the bakery after a while. I definitely have the knowledge but because I did not go to school all the bakery's will not hire me. Its a shame...but I keep praying about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts