Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister and I have class on Monday nights and have decided that we are going to go to Goodwill every week after school. We both agree that we either go in there and come out with nothing, or come out with a cart full. Never just a couple of things. LOL Here is what I got last night:

-Pink and White Gingham Sheet (flat and fitted) that look great in my daughter's room
-4 blue curtain panels with road signs all over, they told me 1.99 per panel, then changed it to .79 per panel, then ended up charging me .79 for two panels. Can't beat that. :D I listed these on ebay
-7 books, two I listed on half.com and 5 I gave to my son
-A Dora backpack, so cute looks like backpack from Dora and has wheels, this was for my daughter
-3 pairs of jeans for DD, all in great shape, one was from The Children's Place, one pair is Lee Riders, and I forgot the last one
-A red dress with little Scottie dogs on it for DD
-A Video Now Jr, listed on ebay
- My fav, a white bread box with a pull out cutting board at the bottom, I still don't know exactly what I will put in this or do with it but I love it

Total for everything was $31.94

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
-Pink and White Gingham Sheet (flat and fitted) that look great in my daughter's room
I bet those are adorable. DD has some in purple/white I got from an estate sale.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm the same way, its hit or miss depending on the day. During my lunch break today I got:

-a creme colored Tommy Hilfiger sweater
-a black handbag, real leather
-a gold ice bucket
-a new pair of black and purple Reebok workout pants

Total damage $13.

When I do get a craving to go shopping, I do way less damage to my budget and wallet if I go there!

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I won't step foot in our local goodwill. A man has been caught masturbating there multiple times. I'd rather save myself the potential nastiness of all that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow Ms McDowell that is disgusting! They should throw him in jail!!!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
sounds like good deals....i love the goodwill!!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
It sounds like you got a lot for your money! That's why I love shopping there or yard sales. I feel like I hit the jack pot for the fraction of the cost of buying new. :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Excellent finds.

·
Registered
579 Posts
We have some really great Goodwill stores in my area. Clean, well organized & the employees overall very pleasant. I usually pop in once a month to look around. Makes it a better shopping experience than going to a traditional store sometimes!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Video Now Jr I bought for 2.99 sold on ebay for almost $27.00 :D I love Goodwill LOL

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
You must have a good Goodwill. Ours is outragously priced especially on appliances and furniture. We complain all the time and they say they set their prices by what they see things go for online!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts