Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I dug up lots of wonderful old time plants and bulbs at my neighbours old farmstead. He was so gracious to allow me to do this. It's sad really, he is selling it and all the gardens will be plowed over and beautiful yellow brick farmhouse torn down to make a golf course. I have been busy planting:

~iris
~columbine
~peony's
~lily of the valley
~daylily's
~tulip bulbs
~narcisus (sp?) bulbs
~lilac shoots
~forget me nots
~hostas
~2 mystery plants, not sure yet what they are

I am so grateful to have part of his past on our homestead.:smball:

·
27,948 Posts
How nice the gardens can go on with your help. May they bloom gloriously in their new home.:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That's so sad for your neighbour...but very nice of him to give you all those flowers.:heartsm: You will a beautiful garden!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Wonderful. Shame about the old homestead though but the plants at least will have lots of love and care with you.

pat

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
That is wonderful that he is sharing those plants with you. How sad that an old homestead is being torn down for a golf course though.

I love columbines, they are so pretty when they bloom.

btw - don't tell Sara about the hostas!! :toothy:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I think that's great ! Fill your gardens and give them all a good home.........

Sara, she didn't say hostas........

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did I say hostas????:couch: No , don't think I did!!!:pin:

Sara I promise I won't let them take over my property!!:eek: :crackup:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
How wonderful Heather! Your place will be a carpet of beautiful colors as they begin to bloom. What a wonderful gift! It is heartbreaking to think of a farmhouse being torn down for a golf course though. :(

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
How wonderful. I don't know if you scrapbook or anything, but I had an idea of sorts. If the farmhouse is still there, take a pic of it and the flowers there (the ones you didn't take) then take a pic of the flowers you have transplanted to your homestead. I think it would make a beautiful rememberance for him and a way of seeing his homestead continue on every time he looked at the pics.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I think that is a great idea! :)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Melody, what a wonderful idea.....that is just so sweet. I am going to do that. He will be thrilled! Thanks so much!!!:angel:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.