Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local consignment shop, and I found two pairs of dress pants for me, a brand new pair of Lee jean shorts for my dh with the tags still on it, a pair of jean shorts for my ds1, a pair of Lee jeans and a pair of Levi jean shorts for ds2, and an American Eagle t-shirt for my ds1 all for $28.80. I think I did pretty good. Most of the time I don't find that much in one trip, but I probably could have found some more if I wasn't short on time. Talk to you all later.

Traci

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
good deals!! wish we had a consignment shop here....:(

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have quite a few around here. I have a few that I go to more often then others. There are times that I can't find anything :mad: , and other times I find all kinds of neat stuff. I find most of the neat stuff for my boys. The things that I find for my dh my ds1 steals from him. They wear the same size. I went to a store the other day, and I got 2 pair of Gap jean shorts, a pair of American Eagle shorts, a pair of Union Bay shorts, (the shorts were for my dh and ds1 to fight over) a pair of Sketchers shoes for me, and a pair of DKNY shoes for me for $34. :yippee: I have been lucky to find lots of name brand stuff for my kids at these shops. I certainly would not be able to afford to buy this stuff new that is for sure.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Great deals !!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
WTG!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
WTG - I love consignment stores and I agree, you sure can't pay full price for the name brand stuff.

We have one consignment store in the closest city and I visit there has often as I can.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I love consignment shops too. I can't find much for me, being a plus size but I find most of my daughters clothes there. I also take items in to sale and have made some pretty good money that way.
Jeanna:smball:

·
Registered
31 Posts
All the consignment shops around me are soooo expensive. I usually have to try my luck at Goodwill. I also do some outlet shopping as I have 2 within a 2 hours drive of me. I also live near several Burke's Outlet stores. I got ds a shirt and dd a shirt there yesterday for a little over $4 total.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do have to admit that I love consignment shops, especially when I'm looking for stuff for the kids. I get such great bargains!

·
Registered
325 Posts
The consignment stores here aren't that much of a bargain, but I love the consignment sales. Because my son isn't yet 2, he changes sizes every other month. I love getting him outfits for $2 and little t-shirts for under a dollar. I once got one for 13 cents because it was marked as 25 cents and I got it on half-price Saturday! He is wearing an Osh Kosh outfit and Weeboks sneakers that I paid $4 total for. I just got him a toddler bed for $25 dollars (half price Saturday), and the mattress IN PLASTIC for $6 (half price Saturday, again).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts