Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, the entire family got up and went to a local store for sneakers. Since I like to get the name brands (cheap ones never last as long with my kids), we decided to take advantage of a special the store was having. I got a pair of K-swiss for $54 for ds1, a pair of K-swiss for ds2 for $38, a pair of Saucoy (sp?) for ds3 for $28, and a pair of New Balance sandles for dh $30. I know some of you are saying that is alot, but I only paid $89.99. They were having a buy 1 get one free special. I was so happy. We also went in to the store because a local radio station was giving away prizes, but by the time we got there, they did not have any left. :mad: I also started a new exercise program today. I went to Curves for Woman for the very first time. It was kinda fun. I think I will like it. The hectic part of the day came when I got a bill from a doctor appointment. The insurance has our account so screwed up. Since dh is active duty military with Operation Enduring Freedom, we have no deductable. It was $150, but has been waived because of the Enduring Freedom. So, they have to check into it and find out what is going on with everything. Who knows. I swear I make at least a phone call a week to one of the insurance companies. We found out the other day that the dental work dh has to be resubmitted to a different department. That is a long story so I won't bore you with it. UGHHH!!! I hate insurance companies. Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Can't do any swimming because ds2 doesn't have a cast on his arm. He only has a splint and he can't get it wet. I can't wait for the 2nd. He has an appointment and hopefully they will give him the ok. Talk to you ladies later.

Traci

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Traci~ sounds like you have had a busy day. I always buy named brand shoes for the boys too. I think they last longer than any other shoe. I usually look for those type of deals also. It's also good to hear you like your new exercise program.:D

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Was going to add........
Good deal! That is usually the price for 1, maybe 2 pair around here and you bought 4! WOOHOO!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts