Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is Mother's Day and I'd like to tell you about my hero. It's not my Mom, or even a person of the female gender.

My hero is my 7 yr old ds who yesterday got stitches for the very first time (hopefully the last...LOL)

I did a stupid Mother trick and forgot that I had thrown a broken plate in the trash without wrapping it. DAAAAA My darling boy took out the trash and a piece of the plate sliced his calf thru the trash bag.

I cleaned him up and we headed for the ER where he recieved 5 stiches for a 1 1/2 inch gash that was about a 1/2 inch deep. Why is he my hero? Because the sewture tech gave him 6 shots inside the cut ( I watched) and my ds cried but kept his cool and held still because he knew he had too. He was SOOOO BRAVE!

I was so proud of him because EVERYTHING was explained to him that would happen and why it had to happen and he handled it superbly!! After he was numbed up, he watched the tech do his job in utter facination!

His 12 yr. old darling sis would have run screaming from the exam room!

Today he was sore but he knows that he must move around on that leg or it will stiffen up on him and make his healing time more difficult!

I just had to share my hero with you all!
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Oh tell him how proud his FV Aunties are of him. Hope he is on the mend soon

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
He is a brave boy! I hope he heals quickly! I think *I* would have run from the room,screaming!:eek:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I can see why he is your hero !!!!!!!
He deserves a Purple Heart !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Oh Graci, I am so sorry for your poor DS. I hope he is mending quickly. Tell him how proud we are of him.

·
27,948 Posts
Ouch! Hope your hero heals quickly.:heartsm:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Yes, he sure is a hero!:) That was very brave of him. I hope he heals his leg well.:smball:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i think i would have fainted.:eek: :toothy: he is a brave kid.:D

·
Registered
325 Posts
At 7 years old, he is a brave one. When I was 27 I wouldn't have handled it as well as he did.

Wishing him a speedy recovery :smball:

Milissa

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I was about 4, I pealed the top of my foot back and it required 18 stiches. I didn't handle it well. That is why I'm so proud of him. The Doc had to strip me buck naked to keep me in the room...didn't actually work...LOLOLOL

But my baby was sooooo strong and brave that I was amazed!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I know exactly how that feels since I had umpteen stitches in my leg when it got caught in a bike chain. I was 10YO and didnt' make a sound when they numbed up the area with the injections. I clamped my hands over my eyes and had tears running all over the place. Tell him he's wonderfully brave!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
what a brave ds!!! I would have passed out! Hope he heals quickly!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts