Frugal Village Forums banner

My hip replacement is Wednesday!!!

4K views 43 replies 34 participants last post by  JerryG 
#1 ·
I have hinted at this here and there, but I'm making an official announcement: I am getting my right hip replaced on Wednesday.
I have endured 20 years of progressing pain. Some days/weeks/months have been better than others, some much worse. I basically live with some level of pain all the time. I actually cannot imagine no hip pain.

Nope, no injury, just a mix of genetics and my "luck of the draw". My younger brother has his done a few years ago, and I am going to have mine done by the same amazing surgeon. I will be pretty much gone from the village for a few weeks. I will miss all that goes on here, not too mention, missing the momentum of the challenges (which I am doing great with, btw!)

Anyway, I will check in when I can........

#5 ·
I hope and pray you have no more pain and can walk & run and just be really happy! You will feel like a new person!

Oh my! I guess I am kinda excited, we just had a friend have a hip replacment a few months ago. He suffered so much, was in so much pain, kept putting it off. He is doing so well and has no pain at all, is back to work, was only in the hospital a couple days, and actually has fun now. He says he wishes he would have done it years ago!

Please let us know how you are doing, I'll be thinking about you! Just thiink, living a life with no hip pain... Get well quick and listen to your amazing surgeon!

#24 ·
We just had a friend have a hip replacment a few months ago. He suffered so much, was in so much pain, kept putting it off. He is doing so well and has no pain at all, is back to work, was only in the hospital a couple days, and actually has fun now.
This is what I wish for you!!! :hugz:

#6 ·
I hope all goes well and you recover quickly. Update us as soon as you feel able. You will be in my prayers.

#7 ·
Best wishes for a speedy recovery headed your way!

#9 ·
Hoping things go well for you :)

I know 2 people who have had it done, and wonder why they waited so long to do it.

#10 ·
Int'l Mom - I saw your surgery noted in your sig, but I didn't want to "out" you.

Timely notice - SO went in this afternoon, for a check up for his hip replacement done at the end of August. We were both minimizing how difficult recovery was going to be. As in, he needed me there 24-7 for a week for help getting around, etc. He has been extremely diligent in ALL exercises and follow up care and is doing great. The only thing we haven't done (yet) is play a full game of golf but we are going to the driving range on a regular basis.

When the doc says, use your cane, walker, etc, please DO! SO was too macho to follow that advice in the beginning and it didn't help.

As a side note, an acquaintance of mine had hip replacement last July. He did not do any exercises, did not follow any of the doc's directions. He has gained >40 pounds and to this day, cannot get out of a chair without assistance. Very sad.

Good luck! Healing thots are heading your way! Yay for you! New hip for the New Year!

#11 ·
Best wishes for a speedy recovery :)

I had a hip replacement 20 yrs ago after a car accident, and I will need to have it done again soon. I'm eager to hear about your experience :)

:well:

#13 ·
sending :vibes: your way for a quick recovery... Mom's can't get hurt and I am sure your kids will have you up and running in no time!

#17 ·
IntMom - I am so excited for you to be on the other side of surgery and getting on the mend!! Congratulations on getting this done. Am sending prayers and aloha your way throughout this process. If things get hard, just picture us all here saying "You can do it!!"

Will be looking forward to following your progress when you're able to post to us!!

#18 ·
I am so happy for you! Good luck and we will be praying for you! Will be anxiously waiting to see how it goes and to hear from you again. :)

#19 ·
Your in my thoughts and prayers. speedy recovery. Let us know after how ur doing.

#22 ·
Sweetie my Mother had both done within 5 years of each other in her 50"s The hips are still going strong at 93 and no pain I wish the same good luck for you take care of yourself HUGGSS lora

#27 ·
Hoping everything goes well for you , Traci....saying a prayer for you , and keep us updated on your progress.....you will be up and running in no time , I am sure...Good luck...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.