Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooner versus later. I am so completely mad that I could spit nails!!!!!!!!! My DS 9 was supposed to have tutoring today after school. He told me on Tuesday his teacher said he wouldn't be having it today. I asked if he was sure and he said maybe she was talking about the kids she tutors on Tuesdays. I assumed (yeah, I know the saying about that) she would send a note home if it was actually cancelled. Well, I didn't receive anything so I sent him to school and told him I would pick up his sister early, run some errands, and then be back to get him when tutoring was over at 3:45. At 3:00 I get a call from my DS (who I can tell is really upset) saying "Mrs. W said there was no tutoring today". OK, school gets out at 2:30 and my son was sitting in the car rider line, waiting, waiting, waiting for me to come. Needless to say, I lost it. I went to the school and asked the principal what was going on. Her response: I only have a minute to talk to you before I have a meeting to go to. You'll have to make it fast. I don't control the individual teachers every move. GRRRRRRRRRR... She calls the teacher up to the office and I ask her why wasn't something sent home letting me know. Her response: Third graders are supposed to know how to relay messages to their parents. Besides, I'm sure it wasn't that bad for him. GRRRRRR #2....My son was standing there with face all read because he had been crying yet it wasn't that "bad" for him. I went off!!!!!!!!!! I told her the reason he was having to be tutored in the first place is because HE DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS!!! DUH...HELLO...you expect him to be able to relay a message to me when he doesn't hear you?!? I am just beyond furious. I know I'm leaving parts out that I'll remember later. I came home, got my forms and sent them to the state to officially start my homeschool.

Stephanie

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Your poor son! I bet he was worried about what he should do.

Good luck with your homeschooling.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
poor guy, that musta been scary for him.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Go for it girl. You can do it! Get your paperwork together tonight and take to the board office first thing in the morning. For third grade we used workbooks from Walmart and my son aced his test.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mailed my forms to the state yesterday afternoon. I had already started getting my curriculum in place because I planned to start this summer. So...I guess I'm ready...nervous, but ready!

Stephanie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts