Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was about to leave for work and he realized he didn't have his wallet. The counter top where he swore that he left it had become cluttered since he put it there, which I'm sure what my fault. In those last few moments before he left for work, we both went from being okay (for a morning) to being rather ticked off at each other and he ended up leaving late and in a bad mood. He did find his wallet though... Upstairs, in the bathroom, about as far from the kitchen counter as you can get and still be in the house.

He called me as soon as he got to work and apologized for being angry. :mushy:

Carry on.

Reactions: Tess B

·
Registered
382 Posts
I know how you feel. My dh wants to sleep until the very last minute and then expects everyone to drop whatever they are doing,get out of his way, and help him find everything he needs!!! GGRRR!!! Its so frustrating because if he would just get up on time things would be ok.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. My husband has done that kind of stuff before but usually he's pretty together. My kids, on the other hand... :laugh:

·
27,948 Posts
It happens to us all, glad you rolled with it as much as possible. Happy endings rock as do sincere apologies.;)

Reactions: Nishu

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I know what you mean..I make sure that my Dh's work clothes including socks & belt are waiting for him on his dresser in the morning..his wallet & key's are on the end table close to the front door..and because I want him to be happy and starting out to have a good morning/day I have his coffee cup w/the sugar and even a spoon next to the coffee pot along with his lunch waiting for him in the fridge.. I hate starting the day pi$$ed off so I make sure that doesn't happen to either of us before work anyway..

·
19,119 Posts
Glad it all worked out and he had the wisdom to call and apologize!!

·
27,948 Posts
Oh, just wanted to mention, he owes ya. :hubba:

Reactions: Nishu

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know what you mean..I make sure that my Dh's work clothes including socks & belt are waiting for him on his dresser in the morning..his wallet & key's are on the end table close to the front door..and because I want him to be happy and starting out to have a good morning/day I have his coffee cup w/the sugar and even a spoon next to the coffee pot along with his lunch waiting for him in the fridge.. I hate starting the day pi$$ed off so I make sure that doesn't happen to either of us before work anyway..
That's sweet! I don't make him his lunch or get his uniform ready but I do get up every morning to make his breakfast and his coffee. He eats oatmeal every single morning. You'd think he would be sick of it by now.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G

·
I love stories like this. One day DH called me at work, fuming mad because he couldn't find his paycheck. He swore he put it on the table, and I must have put it somewhere because I'm the only one that cleans up (yeah - like that's going to win him any points, admitting that I'm the only one who cleans...)

I got an apology when I got home and he had found it in his glove box in his car - he put it someplace safe because he didn't want to lose it. Go figure!

·
27,948 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love stories like this.
I wasn't sure about posting it but I wanted to put it somewhere and it would probably embarrass him if I put it on facebook. I figure we have enough "My husband makes me so mad..." threads, right? :)

·
Registered
62 Posts

ditto here. my husband is just NOT a morning person....left to his own devices he'll barely have clothes on and find his keys...considering that he works his hiney off out in the elements (masonry construction) i figure the least i can do is help the guy out abit~ so i get up before the alarm, get the coffee going, then while he is wandering around with his coffee, channel flipping, i get his lunch packed, gather up his keys, get his travel coffee mug ready, make sure he has clean DRY work clothes (evidently just clean doesn't cut it????) and send him out the door with as many kisses as he'll tolerate, wishing him a good day.

we're a team and teammates help each other out. he has never ASKED me to do these things....he is as capable of making a sandwich as anyone. the better i help him prepare for the work day, including making sure he has good sustenance thru the day, hedges MY bet that he's not completely worn to a frazzle when he gets home. i don't make any demands on him when he gets home either....yeah the guy is spoiled, but it all works to my advantage. :) i don't have to go hump 8" block and build scaffold and heave 80# mortar bags all day.

i used to resent all the "things i do" til it occurred to me i ALWAYS have a choice....changing my thinking from i HAVE to do to what i CHOOSE to do has been a real gift.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I am the one who misplaces things around here, and I tend to blame DH, then find items and feel like a real doofus.I had a necklace on the dining room table for my daughter and hid it when she came into the room. I found it in a seashell in the bathroom two years later.The bathroom is on the next floor. I rehid it to keep it safe. That was over a year ago.I don't know where I put it. See what I mean? LOL!! Glad you found the wallet and all is well!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
My DH constantly does the same thing. Will swear he has put something somewhere and I must have moved it! It is never where he says it was suppose to be and usually finds it later right where HE left it! :laugh:

Glad he phoned and apologized. It is always nice to hear.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Must be in the air, Hubby is very crabby the last few days.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
He was about to leave for work and he realized he didn't have his wallet. The counter top where he swore that he left it had become cluttered since he put it there, which I'm sure what my fault. In those last few moments before he left for work, we both went from being okay (for a morning) to being rather ticked off at each other and he ended up leaving late and in a bad mood. He did find his wallet though... Upstairs, in the bathroom, about as far from the kitchen counter as you can get and still be in the house.

He called me as soon as he got to work and apologized for being angry. :mushy:
It happens. People get caught up in the moment. However, it's good that he apologized. I've done this a few times over the years, and I know it's appreciated.

i used to resent all the "things i do" til it occurred to me i ALWAYS have a choice....changing my thinking from i HAVE to do to what i CHOOSE to do has been a real gift.
I've been noticing how state of mind can change my outlook on a lot of things lately.

For example, one of my cars wasn't running, and I wanted to sell it something fierce. Day after day, mechanic call after mechanic call, the thing wouldn't run. Finally, I got fed up, had the car towed home, and then spent a few days trying to offload the stupid thing for just about any price I could. After a while, I realized this could be a learning opportunity for me, since I didn't know much about auto repair, as well as a puzzle I could solve. Instead of thinking about it as a problem, I went about it as something positive. Some online research, some guidance from a person I will likely never meet, and my car was running within a month or two, sold days later for a good price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Must be in the air, Hubby is very crabby the last few days.
This sounds dark, but I've noticed that December brings out the worst moods in people. Sure, there's some good cheer, but there's a lot of negativity too.

It seems kinda wrong to mention it, though. :shame:
We're supposed to be all excited and happy about the holiday season. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
hoo boy did i get a crabby guy today after work - he had a simply horrid day, almost walked off the job, completely frustrated...but held steady, worked it out etc. he wasn't crabby AT me, just venting BIG time....vent away baby, get it out, if you can't talk about your day HERE where can ya?

after a shower, some ibuprofen and a quick game of Madden, he's all decompressed and back amongst us! oh i could go on about the varied and numerous tasks i got done in the meanwhile.....in between yes dears and i'm so sorry that happeneds.......but it takes what it takes and we have peace in the house and an awesome enchilada thingie simmering away in the dutch oven IN the oven....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.