Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Valentine's Day, I gave my husband a home-made gift idea I saw on Pinterest.

Here's the source page for the idea:a content housewife: “Love” message board {tutorial}

DH was a bit confused by it at first, just a frame that says "I love you because" on it. He thought he had gotten a dud of a Valentine's gift, but I have to say, it's really been a big hit with him over the last couple of months. It's improve our relationship and communication, and he seems more susceptible to suggestions than he has in the past. :)

A few sample messages:

I love you because you enjoyed the burn pile day, and the yard looks so great and clean!

I love you because ... you showed my mom how to use facetime so I can see our DD at lunchtime!

I love you because ... you are a great cook, especially when I am too hungry to think!

You just take a dry erase marker and write a write on/wipe off message on the glass every day. I leave DH's by his coffee making station. He loves the compliments, secret jokes and recognition and it's been a good excercise for me to have to stop and think of something kind and loving to say to him every day (because we sure have our moments!)

So, number one I wanted to say it's been a great frugal gift idea, and number two, if you had one of these boards for a partner or child, what would it say on it today?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
The tutorial says to use a wet erase marker

"Vis-à-vis marker…in my opinion, these work better on glass than a dry erase marker."

Did you find the dry erase worked well?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
To my daughter: I love you because you brought the new baby to my work today to show off. IT MADE MY DAY!!!!

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
thats neat...
for hubs I love u and am thankful u work so hard...
for Paige I love u becasue u are such a good person.
for grandma I love u because u teach me how To Jesus better
for BIL I love u because u done such a good job in the yard.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tutorial says to use a wet erase marker

"Vis-à-vis marker…in my opinion, these work better on glass than a dry erase marker."

Did you find the dry erase worked well?
Yes, the dry erase works fine. It gets a wipe down every morning with a dry dish towel and still looks clean and new.

KRBs, I am behind on the posts and didn't realize your grandbaby had arrived. Congratulations!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts