Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the Sand Art Brownie mix in a jar from Isaacsmommy (Thanks, Wendy!!). She already posted a pic of the beautiful jar she sent me on the thread with the original swap list. It was very nicely done!

The brownies came out to be very thick and dense... heavier than the usual kind I make from a boxed mix.

They are very, very chocolate-y. Yum!

Here's a pic:

·
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more about the brownies

The only problem I had was the edges didn't seem to get as done as the middle. It may be because I used that new baking spray instead of greasing the pan. They are perfectly fine to eat, they just don't look so good.

I'm sure this has to do with the person baking them, not the mix! ;)

The edges looked like this:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I can smell them from here !!!!!!!!!!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!
Looks like Wendy and Amy make a good team !!!!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
they look yummy!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Amy,

I've used this mix as my hm brownie mix for about 2 years now, and I always have a bit of a problem with how they turn out too! I made a batch at the same time I mixed up your jar, and mine turned out too well-done. I've seen suggestions of making them in a 9x13 pan, which would give you a smaller brownie, but may even out the baking time!

·
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
isaacsmommy said:
Amy,

I've used this mix as my hm brownie mix for about 2 years now, and I always have a bit of a problem with how they turn out too! I made a batch at the same time I mixed up your jar, and mine turned out too well-done. I've seen suggestions of making them in a 9x13 pan, which would give you a smaller brownie, but may even out the baking time!

They weren't bad, just the edges didn't cook as quickly as the middle. I thought maybe the baking spray I used to grease the pan had done something to them. They were pretty thick, and I thought about the 9x13 pan, too.

DH and I ate some and then he took the rest to work where he and the other cops scarfed them down. I certainly didn't hear any complaints! ;)

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
yummy yummy:toothy: :toothy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts