Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another day, another attitude, another cross word........
I have come to the conclusion that I will have a peaceful ride to and from school when the oldest starts driving and I can stay at home. 6 months to go. But having a peaceful home is totally different.
I volunteered at church this morning and was talking with a very dear friend who has children from ages 20 to 3. Her way of keeping "peace" is to "kiss and make up". I think I am going to try it. She said that her rule is no disrepect, bad attitude towards a sibling or a cross word can be said or acted upon in her presence or in her hear shot. If it does happen the offending party (if not both) must kiss (on the check) and make up. If her 20yo can do it my 15yo can. She has boys and girls and the sex doesn't matter when they have to "kiss and makeup".
Anything to try is better than nothing at all.

·
Registered
763 Posts
It must be the moon change!!
My 14 year old is grounded for the same behavior until his behavior changes!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That really does sound like a good plan! Let us know how it works out! :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
That is a great Idea...
I use to do something similar when I had foster kids...they had to hold hands till they "made up"... no exceptions...be it the big kids or the little kids, it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Well....I used it, the 13 and 14 year olds were goin at it this afternoon, over something dumb once again!!
So, I went back and told them they would kiss and make up!!!!!!!
ROFLMAO
The looks on their faces were priceless!!! They both said "HUH" I said, "the two of you are going to hug, kiss each other on the cheek and appologize right now, your other choice is being grounded for a week!!!!"
They hugged, kissed each others cheeks (still lookin at me like I'd completely lost it!!!) and appologized.
I said, "there ya go, now you can learn to show each other Love, respect and appriciation instead of hatred"!!!
SO, thats the deal, its kiss and make up from now on or be grounded for a week!!
What a brilliant Idea!! thank you!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I was raised on that very idea! The only thing different was that my brothers had to shake hands instead of kiss. I'm the only girl w/3 brothers. Somehow we always felt better after that, and the fight was over with. So yup! It really does work :)

Theresa :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
I can't really say much, seeing as I was raised by my mother and I was an only child through her. But I think it's a great idea!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I used to make mine hold hands and sing "The Barney Song" Man they hated that. Mine mostly stop when I say stop, I just wish they wouldn't get started. Then I remember my brother and I :blush:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I am going to have to try this. The grandbabies arent that bad- but the teenagers- shhhheeesssshh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts