Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with the rainy weather I have decided to get my laundry in order which is not an easy task with my messy kids.

I am making a new laundry "room".
I bought a new clothes rack and new laundry baskets.
I have decided that they never take their laundry they just rumage through baskets so I have given them each a basket, a seperate basket for socks and underwear, one for pajamas and tee shirts. They each get a basket for their personal laundry. I am getting a table and keeping my iron and ironing board on it. I am just hanging all the shirts. If they want to take the laundry and put it away fine, if not at least it is folded or hung neatly. I am tired of getting folded clothes or clothes I know they don't wear back in the laundry. We will see how long my laundry idea holds up. They are happy because it is not the constant battle to put the clothes away and to take their laundry. Then I don't have to worry that it is just being shoved in a drawer or thrown on the closet floor or under the bed!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
What a great idea! My kids do the same thing, isn't it maddening? LOL
When it's all done, you will be so glad you took the time to do it. Enjoy the rainy day at home. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
What a great solution. It is just DH and me but I do have my laundry rules.....lol. Like any money found is mine and any money found is mine. Ohhh I said that. hmmmmmmm well if he can't have his clothes turned right side out then I can't be bothered to turn it either when I do laundry.

The other morning he put on a t-shirt inside out. hmmmmmmm I didn't say anything I just smiled and kissed him goodbye. Out the door he went. He came home with it right side out so someone must have told him. He takes my laundry rule a bit more serious now......lol.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i too, have a hard time getting DH to put his laundry anywhere other than the floor. ive tried setting up baskets in different places ie. the bedroom, the bathroom, the tv room! even.

i'll admit that i leave clothes on the floor, especially when its closer to sleeping time. but i just feel like, even if the house is a mess.. as long as its semi-tidy.. dishes piled in the sink instead of around it, no clothes on the floor, beds made.. it makes me feel calmer inside.

in the end, i just pick it up and dont say anything about it anymore. he's a good guy and tries. AND!!! last night he took out the trash without being asked. just dragged the whole trash cart out to the curb and when i was about to do it this morning he was like... did it last night and i was like... aw.. its actually a pretty big thing for me. last week the garbage was taken out ZERO times, and this week he did it without being asked. it made my day and it was barely 7:30am.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts