Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long term - t's a big thing, but I really want to own a few acres, build a nice house, and raise our own produce and livestock.

Mid term - buy a house in the suburbs, pay off all our debt, children.

Short term - frugally fix up our run down house we're renting, hone my frugal skills, work on paying off debt.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Those sound like great goals to me, you've got me thinking about mine.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Those are really great goals. I'm going to reassess my goals this month.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Good for you, knowing what you want at a young age. Lots of people go through life without any goals.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just obtained my biggest goal approx 3 weeks ago......I finally bought my very first home! :cheergrl: My parents said "Congratulations, the BANK now owns you! LOL"(Don't quite know how to take that one? LOL)

Next goal should be met by the end of this month and that is to finally pay off that darn citibank card!

After that it's pay off this dang mortgage as fast as I can (I'm hoping that's not 30 years from now since I plan on paying as much of it off as I can before that)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congrats on the house. 30 years is a long time, but if you add just a little bit more every month, you can easily whittle it down by 7 years or more. We switched to a 15 year mortgage which is great, but then we don't have extra money at the end of the month. But then again, in 11 years when it's paid for, I"ll use that money to jumpstart savings, etc. If I have extra money, I may spend it (or my husband will spend it) so I"m better off with a 15 year mortgage. But if you are good with money, paying a bit extra per month on a 30 is just as good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts