Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news!

Some time ago, I applied for a grant to get my house painted. The homeownwers association as well as a program that encourages bringing old historic neighborhoods back to life had a grant for low income families to get contracted work done for free, based on income. Well, for once the pitiful state of affairs in my finance department paid off...pretty big time

First of all, they turned me down for painting because it was too expensive, but I had also asked for some work on the eaves of the house and some stucco work around my porch. They turned me down for everything but the stucco work. I had totally goiven up on all of it and my dh and i had gone to Home Depot last week and picked out paint and decided that we had to get something done and that we would just bite the bullet and use the little extra we had in savings on painting the house instead of camping and stuff like that this summer. The lady in charge of the Grant Committee program came by yesterday with a contractor to estimate the work to be done.

To make a long story short, I asked her if I could be reconsidered for a paint voucher. She said no because she couldn't get a painter because it was too expensive and that painting a house was more than we could handle. Well dh painted the house across the street. I showed it to her and she was impressed. He did an awesome job on that house.. She said we would have to pick out colors and all. I told her I had already done that and gave her the paint chips. She started writing on her clipboard. I asked her how long before she would make a determination, she said...I already did, I will find out how much paint you need and issue you a voucher for paint and materials!!!!!!!!

My luck has finally turned!!! I am out of the hole!!!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
WOOHOO!!! I am happy for you Robin!!!:) :) :)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm so thrilled !!!!! Your house is going to look beautiful...... Share before and after photos.......:D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is wonderful Robin! Enjoy your new paint job. I know it will be beautiful.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Robin!!! I'm so Happy for you! And good job Hubby for doing a great job on the house across the street! Woohoo!:smball:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
WTG and Congrats!! Good things come to those who wait!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Wow thats great!! I wanna see before and after pics to :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Great news Robin! :fdance:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
sounds great!!!! Can't wait to see the before and afters!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I'm so happy for you!!! :)

I wish we could paint our house, the HOA person that came and cleaned the houses with a strong water sprayer TOOK OFF paint while cleaning it :( Not only is our place painted peach, but the white eaves now look like they are 100 years old instead of 30 :(

·
27,948 Posts
That is wonderful! I can just picture you walking around with a smile on your face, humming a tune. Good for you!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Wow Robin, that is fantastic news! I'm so happy for you sweetie!:D :D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts