Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is bugging me so much that I'm still thinking about it so I decided I would post it and maybe get it off my chest :(

You know those shows like john walsh, and what's the other guys....montel, etc.?

WELL what pray tell IS the point of bringing a sad crying girl on the show to talk about how she was invaded by dad/step dad/landlord etc TAPING HER NAKED....and then SHOWING THE CLIPS OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Granted they are bleeped out, but you can still see just about everything anyways!! :( :(

UGHHH I was so upset by the constant clips they kept showing over the girl crying about how upset she was about being invaded that way. Sure--- lets just show the whole WORLD her on tape naked. It makes me feel like I'm invading her by watching it so that's why I switched the channel.

I just don't get it, am I alone in feeling this way? :eek:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I don't understand why they show it over and over either. It is like they are victimizing her over again.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I don't watch that kind of smut. I have for the most part even stopped watching the evening news, because everytime someone loses a loved one or even a home to a fire or something like that, they stick a mike in their face and interview them and then say something stupid like the family is distraught...well duh...

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
oh, I wanted to add that I do think that John Walsh had very good intentions and brings lots of scum-sucking criminals to justice.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
John Walsh is about the only talk show I can stand, because he generally doesn't do trashy stories. (OK, sometimes I watch Montel or Oprah, but none of those Jerry Springer or Jenny Jones type shows!)

The only thing I can think of with replaying those tapes is that if the girl is there, she has obviously given permission for them to be played. Maybe it's therapeutic for her to be in control of them now?

:topic: BTW, DH is a cop, and says John Walsh's "Most Wanted" (I realize that's different from his talk show) was brought back on the air after police across the country asked for it. Apparently it really does help with catching criminals. I admire John Walsh for using his anger after his son's death to help so many other families over the years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts