Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything I need to know? to look for?

I will have my price lists and maybe a calculator so I can compare per unit cost if their packages are different sizes.

Do they accept manufacturer's coupons?

Will she need to pretend these are her groceries in order to make it through the checkout?

What types of products might be good deals?

The more I know in advance and the less time I need to spend with her the better. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do they accept manufacturer's coupons? I have never been able to use any coupons at my location
Will she need to pretend these are her groceries in order to make it through the checkout? She will need to pay for them all, so nothing would need to be said at all.
What types of products might be good deals? I would go with staples- they sell the best and are priced that way as well. I'm a big fan of Mongo sizes of paper products

·
Registered
236 Posts
Costco does not accept manufacturer's coupons, but they occasionally mail their own books of coupons out to members, and then those coupons on top of costco prices make for very good deals on paper products, etc. You might look around as you walk through the parking lot to see if anyone has discarded a coupon book in their cart after shopping. I know that there are some for detergent, toilet paper, kleenex, etc. right now.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Will she need to pretend these are her groceries in order to make it through the checkout?
You can make two purchases on the same card at Costco. My boyfriend and I do this all the time.

we buy
- bread
- the whole cooked chicken
- Digorno pizzas (sp?)
- house brand bacon
- milk
- Yoplait yogurt
- string cheese
- their house brand muffins are good, but haven't bought those in awhile
- house brand kitchen trash bags
- house brand paper towels
- Prego spag sauce
- Balsamic vineagrette (sp?)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I'd hate to take all my coupons for nothign. That saves me the trouble of packing them up.

Still welcoming ideas. I think we'll go next week sometime.

I'll be sure to tell you all how it goes.

·
27,948 Posts
I don't have a costco near me but was struck by your statement "The more I know in advance and the less time I need to spend with her the better. ;)" Made me laugh & think to myself, hmm...wonder if it's worth the savings. :toothy:
Hope your trip is a good one!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

1 - 6 of 6 Posts