Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are iris' that were in my Mother's garden when I grew up. I always loved them. My Mother passed away almost 14 years ago and My Dad a decade later........ When my Dad passed my Sister was given his home...... :D She and my Brother dug up some of gardens and sent a HUGE bag of bulbs for me to plant in my own garden...... They have meant a great deal to me. However they hadn't bloomed, 3 years and nothing, but just the other day dh came and got me and showed me..... Dozens of blooms HUNDREDS of buds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled.....
It feels so good to look at the same lovely flowers my Mother loved..... Even 14 years later and 2000 miles away........ Thank you Robin and Jeff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you both !!!!!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
That is so neat, I'm so happy you still have a part of your Mom! :)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Wow, they look the same way that I remember them looking when we were kids, those iris are Mom's way of smiling at you from heaven.

I dug those up in order to make room for the vegies, I am so glad they ended up in your garden!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
They are beautiful, Lori.:heartsm: You couldn't have a better memory of your mother, than these beautiful Irises...

Lucie:)

·
27,948 Posts
Lori, doesn't that just warm your soul and fill your heart?:heartsm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts