Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

In 2015 I was diagnosed with ALS and had to move from my newly renovated condo to a new, larger, more accessible condo. At first I was reluctant to move but after a year of trying to come up with a plan to make my other condo more accessible, I found that if I wanted to stay at home with this disease, I would need to move.

So, in October, 2016 I bought a condo with room, when the time came, for a caregiver. My other condo sold in three weeks, which was a blessing. I decided to get a new condo right across from the beach. It has two heated pools, sauna, hot tub, large gym, social room, library, and many friendly residents. The design is unique in that each floor has its own parking so you drive to your floor. I really lucked out and found a corner unit with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms with a huge eat-in kitchen. It was built in the late 90s but needed a total makeover to make it accessible. Unfortunately, my other condo sold so quickly I had to move in during the remodel.

Just thought I'd post some pictures. I posted pictures of my other condo but I lost tack of the thread during my couple of years off this site.

I'm sharing my condo with a very good friend so we can split expenses.

Mirror Property Building Sink Tap Mirror Bathroom cabinet Tap Countertop Cabinetry Plumbing fixture Shower Bathroom Shower head Fixture
These are pictures of my accessible master bathroom. It's larger than it looks. The roll-in shower is 4.5 x 6.5. More pictures to follow.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View of my lift chair in the living room. I need to find the pictures of the rest of the living room and the kitchen.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another living room shot.

Two of the hardest parts of the remodel was widening all the doors to 36 inches and finding tile that matched the original tile so I could tile the three bathrooms with the matching tile and take out the thresholds. The ceilings are 9 feet high so I had room to add additional shelving in all three bedroom closets and the two hall closets.

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Beautiful! You have so much space and natural light.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
lovely place, so much light!! nice bathrooms too. I'm jealous, I had to go from a big bath to a tiny one in my last move.

·
Super Moderator
20,127 Posts
So sorry about the diagnosis, Kim. I'm happy to see you were able to make a good move though. It looks beautiful, so light and open. Congrats on selling your former home so fast. I'm sure that was a big help. I hope you will be happy there. It sounds like it has so many amenities, and I hope the community has been welcoming for you. :)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Nice job on the remodel, your condo is beautiful! I hope that you will be very comfortable and happy there. I'm sure the view is amazing!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Happy to see you back! LOVE the bathroom tile!! Actually the whole condo is beautiful.

Reactions: CPA-Kim

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The tile is the same throughout and I got it for less than $2 a sq. ft. It was deep discounted because it was discontinued. The former owner tiled everything except the three bathrooms and it was hard to find the tile but I found just enough to get the job done and have a few pieces left over.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts