Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...for a long time I've been wanting to do something different with my hair. I have natural curly hair but wear it straight a lot. So I go to a hair dresser who is highly recommended by many people I know. I decided to get my haircut in lots of layers and I wanted bangs - like Kelly Rippa (regis and Kelly). I was nervous but the hairdresser told me it would look so good. So my bangs are the last thing she cuts. Oh.....just a little history....I didn't have bangs and my hair is pretty long - past my shoulders. Well, she grabs some bangs and cuts!!!! I about had a heart attack!!!! My bangs are 1 inch long!!!!!!!! Remember I have natural curly hair so we they get wet- they curl up big time!!!! I was mortified!!!! For the first time I almost cried in the hair salon. I just sat there and stared at my hair. So I had her make my bangs straight so I can see what they look like....they looked better straight. She new I was about to freak out so she was being so nice to me that I couldn't be mad. But for the last couple of hours I keep pulling at my bangs thinking they are going to grow faster like that!! :D I haven't straightened all of my hair yet today and it might look better but now I'm in shock!!! Just had to share with y'all my first tramatic experience at the hair dresser!!! :D Sorry so long!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Daph, I sympathize with you because I have the very same problem. I now know exactly where to cut my bangs so that when the shrivel up, they will not be too short. zI went to get a haircut about a month ago and took my dh with me, because these haircutters get scissor happy and I like my hair long. They are always telling me that I should cut it shorter, especially since I have reached my forties! I dont care! This is MY hair. Tue lady seemed mortified everytime dh said, no dont cut that much off!

My hair turned out just the way I want it...maybe you should take Malcom with you!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Oh Daphne, I am sorry that she got so cut happy. I hope it grows fast for you. It is traumatic to get a bad haircut. Here is a big :hug2: for you, and some magic :wand: growing dust for your hair.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I don't go to a hair dresser any more at all. I have dh trim the ends but that's it. I have had one traumatic expericnce after another at hair dressers. last time my hair was long, I had it trimmed and i walked out with a pixie-bob cut Like "Dora the Explorer". It was 8 years ago. I haven't had a hair cut since. all my hair, bangs (what bangs?) included is long, all the way to my back pockets. once i lose weight and feel good about me again, i do plan to have a cut, but i have time to work myself up to that. :D

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your haircut. I had a experience about 5 months ago that was about the same. I bet you are still pretty though. Just keep telling yourself it will grow back.
Jeanna:(

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Oh Daphne, I am so sorry to hear of the trauma the hairdresser put you through. It will grow back quickly, but I bet it still looks great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts