Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a bunch of Jewelry making supplies over the weekend to curb my crafting appetite. I am totally HOOKED. since saturday i've made about 5 different items and have decided that all of my female relatives will be getting homemade jewelry as Christmas gifts!

I'll post pictures soon!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Sounds fun! Can't wait for the pics!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
souds like alot of fun. deffenlty cant wait to see your artistic side of jewerly. I love seeing other crafters make many diff kind of things.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Have fun Jenibelle! I picked some up too earlier this year and have made dozens. Some will go into my craft booth and some will be gifts as well. It is so much fun creating whatever I want. I wish I would have started doing it alot sooner when I wore jewellry! It would have saved me a ton of money. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
OH! I can't wait for pictures. I went thru a phase, bought alot of beads... and yeah, they're in a nice, plastic storage bin on the shelf in my closet. Hmm, might need to take those out after the craft sale.

Can we have a craft night at your house? Or I can host... (yup, I'm teasing, I'm in Arizona! )

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
OH! I can't wait for pictures. I went thru a phase, bought alot of beads... and yeah, they're in a nice, plastic storage bin on the shelf in my closet. Hmm, might need to take those out after the craft sale.

Can we have a craft night at your house? Or I can host... (yup, I'm teasing, I'm in Arizona! )
I think that would be alot of fun; too bad we don't all live closer!!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Is this an expensive craft to get started in? I have always been interested, but figured it would cost alot to get going.....

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this an expensive craft to get started in? I have always been interested, but figured it would cost alot to get going.....
It can be, depending on what types of beads & findings you want to purchase. I have noticed that I bought some items that I don't think I will ever use because I thought they were basic supplies that I would use with every piece...wrong!

So my new process in which I purchase items involves sketching out my rough design for each piece and only buying new items if I will make multiple pieces out of them. That way I only purchase exactly what i need at the craft/bead store. Although sometimes it is fun to just buy a bunch of random stuff and see where your creative juices take you!

Also remember that Green is in right now, so there are all sorts of ways to create from things you may already own!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally got pictures taken of what i've made so far.

They are HERE

Hope you like them!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Very nice Jenibelle! Great job, they are very pretty. :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Wow! So Pretty! I can't decide which one is my favorite... love the black & hot pink earrings & the red pearl ribbon necklace! Love your color combinations!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts