Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for some odd reason yard sale season isn't going so great this year as the years past,maybe I'm getting too picky or I just have my mind set on what I'll pay.Spent all day Friday out(with 3 kids)had some entertainment and found a few things,here's what I got.

3 shirts for dd-.25 ea
pajamas for dd-.25
pair of tennis shoes for me-.25
shorts for ds-.25
bag of 48 easter eggs(who would sell these things right now lol).25
kids songs tape-.25
pack of birthday invitations.25
cuteset lil jar with hopes and dreams written on it-$1
Green eggs and ham book.25
bob the builder hard hat.25

Lauren bought herself a barbie airplane for $2
Cannon got a toy motorcycle for .25

Not incredible but here's what I passed up,a lady was selling her 9 yr old daughters clothes and had them priced $7 for shorts $10 for pants $5 for shirts,the thing that got me was she had another daughter laurens age who would've fit int hese clothes.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
You did get some good deals.

I agree with the prices that are charged at some yard sales. Its interesting, but they won't sell them at that price, when you can go to Walmart and get them brand new at not much higher of a price. And they won't give them to goodwill, they'll end up by throwing them out.

I have a very hard time getting clothes at yard sales too. The exact same reason!!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
At least you found some goodies!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
clothing prices way too high!!! You might as well go and buy them brand new.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You found some good deals, I have gotten choosy too ! I have been out for 2 weeks now and have only bought a few items, oh well, Ihave enough junk...... I figure if they charge that much, they must not want to part with it !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lori I think thats why I've become picky,cause after last year dh complained about all the craft stuff I brought home,but I did use it to make christmas gifts.I probably won't be out again for 3 more week(i'll try to get next friday in)cause well this weekend is easter,next weekend is bubbas birthday and the next is our yard sale.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Amanda, I know what you mean...sometimes some people have high prices on their stuff...I also think it's important that you chose what you really need or want.:)

Good luck on your next garage sale shop!:)

Lucie

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
YOU DID GET GREAT DEALS ON THE STUFF YOU BOUGHT THOUGH!!:D i can't wait to go to yard sales!:toothy:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The buys you did get were great... I agree some prices at yardsales are way to high for me to even go to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts