Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's what i have been up to...

blown out chicken eggs...painted, dyed with onion skins-then painted, and so on. Thought I'd share what i have been up to.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Wow! How pretty! My grandpa and mom and aunt can all paint like that, but I lost that gene somewhere...

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the white one with the heart...isn't painted at all...it's a rub on transfer. thought i'd better say that before people think i have a real steady hand, lol!!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Your paintings are awesome! Great job :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice work! :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
They are beautiful Missy!!! You should sell them at craft fairs! :clap:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Great job! My grandma taught us when we were little to do the onion skin and I haven't in a long time. Candy

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Pretty :)

How do you do the onion skin thing? I've never heard of that before. :think: I'm intrigued. :yes:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Peel an onion. Try to do it in as large as possible pieces, saving just the papery brown skins (or from a purple onion works too-comes out brown though.) Wet the egg shell and let the water adhere the onion skin to the shell. Use twine or rubber bands to hold it in place. Then put a cheesecloth around the egg and skins snugly. tie or rubberband it to make it like a pouch holding the egg and skins inside. Boil as you would any other egg dying project. allow to cool afterwards and remove the cloth . then remove the twine or rubber bands. remove the peels. Voila!

Reactions: Michelle

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Lovely! Are you going to sell them! I just love it!!!!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hadn't thought of selling them before. I've just been giving them away to family

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Your very talented and I am sure your family loves them! :)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Missy, I'm so glad you shared these with us! You are so talented! You just amaze me! I absolutely love the Rooster egg also! I collect all things Rooster and Chicken so that one really thrilled me. :catfly:

I really think you should consider selling them. We bought hand painted Christmas themed eggs back in the 1980's and even though one got broken, the remaining one is a treasure that hangs at the top of our tree every year. It has a Cardinal and winter scene painted on it. It just has a little ribbon on the top for hanging. I don't really remember the price of the egg ornaments but I'm sure they were around $5.00 or $6.00 each.

I can see these also used as Easter Egg Tree Ornaments. You know, the kind where they just take a tree branch and hang eggs from it? They are lovely and many people use them for centerpieces.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Beautiful Missy. You have done a very good job.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts