Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been painting and drawing since I was a child.I do not have much formal training other than high school art, some classes at the art league of long island, and a brief stint as an art major at Farmingdale state university.However ,I am going to take a chance and enter 6 of my paintings in a juried expo here in a gallery in my town.I have been struggling with the idea for a bit, because as an amature artist confidance was always something I have been lacking( also in many other areas of my life), but I have come to a place where I feel good about myself and am ready to go further than I have before.Kind of break through that glass ceiling I have imposed on myself.If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will try to put up some of my work here on the site,just to see what you folk think.If I do not have much luck with the expo, I still intend to try to have the local library show my work in their gallery.For some reason, my paintings take on a different life when I am pregnant.I was turning out more work in my first pregnancy, but this time I believe the quality of the paintings is better, and have even touched up and redone several older paintings.( using acrylic and water color while I am pregnant, rather than oils.)Anyway, I just wanted to post this,take care all-

patty

·
Registered
392 Posts
I would love to see your work. My daughter is an artist. And I so enjoy looking at wonderful talent.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I'd love to see your work too. My DH is also an artist. In the 80's he worked as a commerical artist and for the past 15+ yrs he's been a senior website designer.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I admire artists so much. It is so amazing to have such a talent and be able to share your talents with others. I can't wait to get to admire your work. Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I would love to see your work. I also draw, watercolor paint and use pastels. I like to mix medium sometimes. I find that I will go for a long time and not feel very creative and then one day something will snap and I get really inspired and I will paint and do several pieces and then one day I just stop and might not pick it back up for months. Do you ever do this??? I'm glad you are taking that step forward and I wish you lots of luck and inspiration.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ladies-

thanks so much for wanting to see my paintings! I couldnt find the picturs on the computer last night or I would have put them in my album in the picture gallery.I have to ask my DH if he can figure out where they are.(we have so much stuff on this computer I am expecting it to explode from the overload of pictures and stuff!)Oh and yes I often go nuts for awhile painting, totally inspired then can go for months without lifting a brush.I would love to see everyone elses work whehter it be paintings or scrapbooks or sewing-everyone is creative in their own way!

have a good night-

Patty

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I would love to see your work too. My aunt is an artist, and has been for 30 years. She has recently been invited to judge some art shows. She really loves it. She also teaches art classes to children. She hasn't had too much in the way of formal training either. She also has done some mural paintings in buildings. I wish you the best of luck with your paintings. I hope you do well in the expo.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
husband put paintings on the computer

My paintings are downloaded-I just have to see if I can make an album-

Patty

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Cool, I am excited to get to see them. Thanks for sharing your talents with us. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like very much your painting. My son 13 years old. He is also interesting in drawing & painting. He is not going to anywhere separate class. Only in school learning. He is seeing very often and try this picture.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
can't wait to see your work. I dabble a bit, not much since the kids were born, but I hope to return to it soon..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts