Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might remember that I posted about having to get a PET scan last week because my cancer marker numbers went up. Well after not hearing from them, I finally worked up the courage, and called myself. :ponder: And so finally today (friday), I heard back from the nurse. My onconologist/gynecologist was only in on Monday this week, so he hasn't seen the results yet, but at least the nurse was able to read the radioligist's report to me.....and it was GOOD, no, make that ~GREAT~!. :cloud9: There is NO sign of ANY cancer activity, but she said that there is a thickening of the small intestine, but she also said it doesn't seem to be anything to worry about? I of course looked up what that could mean, and it could be from IBS, and other tummy troubles. But the thing is though, when I had my hysterectomy, they also removed about 4 inches of my intestine (hope that's not TMI). But anyway, I'm thinking that might have something to do with it.

But I am so happy, and so overjoyed, and SO relieved! Believe me, it made for a VERY long week...lol! And you know of course we always think the worst, even when everyone tells you not to worry over what you don't know, you just can't help it, kwim? :ponder:

So I guess on Monday, I'll actually hear from my doctor about that "thickening". And this time, I'm not gonna go overboard with the worrying. But I do want to thank all of you who replied and thought about me. For whatever reason, it was good for me to be able to write it all out to all of you. I don't know why, but it made me feel better. Us women, right??? Maybe men are perfectly right when they scratch their heads in wonder over us...lol!

But it's 5:32 AM, and I'm still so wound up! This really is what "happy" feels like..HA! It feels like I wanna dance! :crackup:

So again ladies, thanks so much for hearing me out, especially after putting up with my usual "long-winded" conversations! :smirk:

HUGS, HUGS, HUGS!!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I am so glad to hear everything went well for you and you can do the happy dance!

Reactions: mamamia

·
27,948 Posts
Great news! :dancing:

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Thearsa, I'm so glad you posted about your results. I've been waiting to hear and was going to PM you soon if you didn't post. All I can say is, God Is Good!!! I'm doing a happy dance with you! :fdance:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Theresa,

I am so overjoyed at your good news, what a relief for you. Many many blessings, and prayers for you ! You are such a joy on here and in life I am sure so it is great you can continue to be your bright shining loving spirit and not have to worry about that. I do know people who have part of their intestine removed have a hard time retaining certain vitamins in their system ( especially B's ) so maybe that might be part of your symptoms.

I am sorry I didn't see your other post as I have been off here for awhile. But I am going to be thinking of you and covering you in prayer as you receive the great news from the Dr. as well.

Blessings to you hon!

Angel

·
Registered
625 Posts
wonderful news!!!!! congratulations!!

·
19,119 Posts
I missed your other post or I would have been worrying with you!! Dance away my friend!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thank God!!! I am so glad things turned out well.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
so happy for you, may the rest of it turn out just as well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.