Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was one of those portable kind that I had to roll across the floor and hook it up to the kitchen faucets. Never knew these suckers existed until I met dh. The thing was pretty old and doesn't even clean the dishes anymore. I think it done retired on me. :(

Even though it was a pain in the butt to use, I always hated washing dishes by hand. Haven't had to in years, I mean besides the basic pots and pans.

This whole week I've been doing all the dishes by hand and I don't really mind it like I thought I would!!! I think I'm happy that the dishes are cleaner looking!

Curious if I will notice a difference in the water/electric bill. Was running that sucker every other day.

The last thing we want to spend our money on is a new dishwasher! So I think I will keep a good attitude about it and buy some cute strainer thingy to sit on my counter and just be thankful. :D It will be an adjustment in the kitchen for sure... I know...the silly luxuries we get used too..

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Sorry to hear that peanut........the pits!

The other thing that I bet you do real fast is discover you can quickly rinse a bowl/pot out and use it again....to save some washing at the end! :laugh: Or rinse a spoon/fork instead a getting another out of the drawer!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peanut? lol

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I can relate...I'm not sure how much longer my dishwasher is going to last...from the sound of it when it's running...not much longer...

·
Registered
867 Posts
My first thought when I saw the title of this thread was, "Palooka finally worked her poor husband to death?" Hope whatever you decide to do works out well for you! I also hope you don't decide to invest in a bullwhip and start working your poor husband to death! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts