Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a tounge-in-cheek comment on my Barbie Paydirt thread that made me stop and think... Wandering, you are right... a girl DOES have to have priorities...

With that being said... I decided that I am not rouching another half-sock, Barbie make due with the clothes she has, and that boy-doll can keep glaring at me in that diaper!!! Well, I am not touching them until I finish my ME project. I honestly can't remember I made something for ME, not a dress, a sock, a scrunchie, nothing... everything has been for my family. I love them with all that I have... but... I don't see them searching out patterns to make
ME things... so, if I don't make me something... who will??

I was determined to make something for me, but the funds were low and resources were lower, so, I had to come up with something, with the items ON HAND --

My ME Project - denim purse, mommy style :thanx:

DD's too-small jeans (free)
left over yarn (free)
3yds. Bridal button loops (.06 ... on sale for .02/yd)

I wanted to get creative, and I wanted to use my .06 purchase :jabber:
So... not sure how to explain what I am doing with it, so I will try to go step by step...

1 - Cut and sewed the jeans to make a bag base.
2- Cocheted a 'belt' to put through all the loops, tied it together like you would a scarf belt.
3 - Ran the bridal loop through the 2 side belts, doubled and tied it off (so, it's like a big 0
4 - Crocheted a few sc to the side belt loop to secure it and crocheted up the doubled bridal loop (so, it makes it a single strand... turned, did some stich that I have no idea what it's called ... but end result, it looks like a ladder, or a stitch you can weave... sorry, learned by watching people who learned the same way)

I wish I could explain it better, but mostly, I wanted to post because I wanted to say that I did something for ME! :dancing:

(DD just came home from spending the weekend at her dad's.... she wants one too.... but with green instead of 'girly pink)

Oh no.... I am NOT done there... I am also going to make accessories!

I have some "girly" pink fabric scraps that I know will be perfect... me... me... me... this one is for ME!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
LOL good for you :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Lady V I'm proud of you!!! I found myself doing the samething. Everyone had a quilt made by me BUT me. So I finally made one for me and it felt soo good to have my own. Now just keep it up!:grwave:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That's good! I am like you and usually anything I make is for others and not me. I still want to make myself a sweater, so I am hoing to do this when I can over the spring and summer months.
Have fun with your projects!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am glad you made something just for you!! Enjoy your new purse!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
You deserve something too, I am glad you took the time to make something for yourself :).

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
:yeah: you need to make stuff for you too! Enjoy your purse and post pics of the finished product. :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
yippie!!

we want pics :D

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
You go girl!!
I'm currently on a "me" kick right now :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Good for you! Do you bottle up and sell that attitude? I know I could use a little of that right now!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
WTG Lady V! :thumb: Your purse sounds cute, if you can, post pics so we can see?

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
yeah for you. Im glad your doing something for yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts