Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember my new house and the horrible wooden wall/fireplace etc?

I Still haven't actually finished it, as I'm looking to fill the wooden wall with seaside bit's and pieces that can be moved around to create a never ending picture.

I also want to re-vamp my coffee table and get some more scatter cushions. But all these things will depend on what unusual finds I can get this year at the Car Boot Sales, so I thought I should show you I have at least started.

Here's some pics:

First the before pic (just to remind you what it looked like)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like I say it isn't finished yet but I thought I should show you I haven't been doing NOTHING!

Hope you like it :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I think it looks great and you did a good job!!! :D

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Wow! What a change! I love it, Bev. :)
I thought you had bought some couches? Or I am thinking of something else?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
It looks so nice Bev. I really like the fireplace! The colors are so refreshing! You did great!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did buy couches Sherry (the blue one in the pic) there are two of them and they WERE white when I bought them - hense the seaside theme and the wood. But the kids were distroying them so I had to dye them blue.

·
27,948 Posts
Great Job Bev! I especially love the color of the couch cushions and the fireplace candles. Nice, bright and refreshing. :)

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Ahhh they were wrecking then ALREADY?! Sheesh! Throw them kids out! ;) lol

It looks very nice, Bev. So cozy!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
What a wonderful change, it's so calm and peaceful looking ! Great job Bev !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
GREAT ROOM, BIG DIFFERENCE!!! LOOKS RELAXING

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i LOVE it bev!! it looks so relaxing and peaceful! you did awesome! i wish you were here in the states so you could come and re-do my house!!!;) ;) i love the colors you used and the fireplace looks great with the candles! you are very talented!:D

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awww Thank you! :hugz:

You are all really kind! I worked really hard on this room and I'm still going with it. Everybody at home just takes it for granted LOL.

I got a bit sick of doing it to tell the truth - you just made it all worthwhile!

Thanks so much! :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Wow!!! Bev, you are so talented! You have a good eye for design and how to make a room beautiful and relaxing at the same time.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
What a FABULOUS job you did!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts