Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - after having a mega hellish day from work, I went out after for dinner with a gf to calm my brain down and just relax to start my weekend right. I came home and wanted a cup of tea and I opened my small cupboard to find a certain kind of tea that I wanted. Well it just it me all of a sudden what a mess this was (though it had been this way for over a year!).

I started going through the cupboard....I kid you not, you name it, we had it in there! Junk food, spices, tea, coffee, crystal light, baking goods, mugs, tuna, soup, pasta, cans of pop, pudding, jello :lol: the list goes on! :thud:

Only after having sorted and purged and rearranged I realized I should taken a pic of the before for y'all. The cupboards not very deep just 6" if even? But here is the after photo. Took me over an hour to clean, purge and sort.

Boy did my cup of tea sure taste good after all that! :laugh: Then I went to bed LOL But I do feel a lot better in knowing that its organized, its only what we need/use in there and easier to access and now I know what we have!

Dunno when I'll tackle the bigger cupboard beside it, its floor to ceiling! EEEKS!

·
27,948 Posts
Go Shorty, go Shorty. Double dog dare you to do the next cupboard.;)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Lookin' good :D

·
8,714 Posts
~Tuna with the tea? That's funny! You did an awesome job. I see that you have some Tetley Earl Grey in there. That stuff is yummo!~

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Your cupboard looks great! It must feel good to know what you have in there now. I take inventory of my 2 cupboards a few times a month so I don't buy duplicates of things. Also so that I know what I have run out of, I don't like to run to the store more than once a week. :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Your cupboard looks so neat... got some spare time to come over and do mine too? :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Looks great! :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Good for you :thumb:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Looks Good! De-cluttering and cleaning projects are like therapy for me. As much as I hate doing it, I feel so much better once it's all done.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I loved to arrange and organize cupboards. It's really frustrating here because I have roommates and they're not as much of a fanatic about organized cupboards, UUUGGHH!!! Drives me crazy. The rest of the house can be tumbling down around me and I get goofy at a cereal box on the wrong shelf. I guess part of the reason is that it's so hard to keep track of what you have if it's all over the place in the pantry.

My late mom thought I was crazy!! I remember her saying, 'you know, why don't you come over my cupboards...' and before she could get out the last of the sentence, we'd both be giggling!! Thanks for the memory. I think I hear a cupboard calling me right now!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oooh inspiration :) Looks great! I think I will do mine tomorrow and I will take some before and after. I am a picture taker. My girls in another group always pick on me about it. Someone will say they are doing something (and it could be anything) and they will say "Better let Autumn know so she can get a picture." LOL I actually took pictures of the first time I ever cooked a whole chicken. And this was less than a year ago. LOL Me trying to get the insides out and the pics were so funny that one girl printed out the pictures and made me a scrapbook page of it. LOL

·
Registered
109 Posts
OK For real. I am doing this today. I will have to post pictures,

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
My kitchen's in good shape, but the bathroom cabinet? Ai yi yi! I like organized too, but it seems lately I like procrastination even better. Someday. Someday. Maybe when I'm bleeding and can't find the bandaids!

·
Registered
419 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Looks great, you have me thinking about cleaning the lazy susan cabinet in the corner of my kitchen, I am almost afraid to do it, you never know what may be found in there. Awsome job.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heh, just wanted to give you ladies an update - exactly a month later, the cupboards still neat, tidy and organized! Yay me!!! I've overshopped on a few grocery trips and nope, no tuna with soda in my cupboard next to my tea! :lol:

One day I'll get motivated to do the BIG cupboard.....just a matter of time!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
nice job in side the cupboard. I try to clean out the cupboard every 2 weeks. Most time theirs not alot left of the good stuff lol, the kids eat it all. lol

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Looks Good! De-cluttering and cleaning projects are like therapy for me. As much as I hate doing it, I feel so much better once it's all done.
I totally agree with HandyMom, lol.... I always feel so much better after I've cleaned and de-cluttered or when I've given stuff away from my decluttering to FreeCycle :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts