Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After learning about Dave Ramsey about this time last year, I realized we needed to make some MAJOR changes in our financial lives!
So, this year, we've done well...
*drumroll please*

*We sold our car, which had a $263 payment every month. We made almost no money off of it, but we were willing to do whatever it takes :)

*We will pay off our medical debt this month!!! I still had medical bills from my first son's birth three years ago. We still had bills from my second son's birth TWO years ago, and we had another baby in June. Starting that June, we paid off $8000 in medical bills!!!! We have another $1000 to go but that will be paid off on the 15th of this month!

*We established an emergency fund and contribute to it monthly, in addition to doing the debt snowball

*We transferred our high interest credit card balances to a low interest one and saved us lots of $$$

We'll be starting out 2008 with our $8900 in credit card debt. We also have a $700 loan to my mom, which will be paid off in one month! Our credit card debt will be GONE BY October of 2008!

For my goals:
*Set up a retirement account for Brandon
*Continue to contribute to our savings
*DO NOT use the credit cards, and if we do, pay it off immediately
*Pay off the credit card
*Lose the extra baby weight I gained
*Once credit card is paid off, take everything but $200 from that payment and contribute it to principal on the house

I'm so excited for 2008. It seems like it's going to be a great year. We did what we had to do, including buying junker cars (with cash *yeay*) per Dave Ramsey's advice to get out of debt quicker. We initially were given a prospective "debt free except the house" of 2011, and we'll be done THREE years early!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
great job!!!

way to go, you are my hero!!!!! keep up the excellent work!:hurray:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Awesome work, your story is inspirational! I too am very much looking foward to being debt free next year, Im aiming for June.

·
Registered
129 Posts
WOW!!! Great job!!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
wow! you've really socked it to your debt. WTG!! Great success story!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is great. Congratulations on your hard work and your determination :) .

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
WTG and congrats!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts