Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I'm in the process of rebuilding my stockpile. This is a work in progress and I have alot I need to add but hey, its a start :)

11 boxes of stovetop stuffing
2 boxes hamburger helper
3 boxes cookies
4 liquid honey
7 creamed honey
4 taco kits
1 big can coffee
1 2 litre pancake syrup
2 boxes mac and chz
2 boxes of pie crust mix (given to me)
6 cake mixes
1 pancake mix
1 baking soda
2 bags penne pasta
2 large bags macaroni
6 bbq sauce
4 mustard
4 ketchup
4 large containers drink crystals
3 miracle whip
6 china lily soy sauce
2 large tubs peanutbutter
1 10kg sugar (22 pounds)
1 parmesan chz
24 bars irishspring soap
11 ladies speedstick
4 shampoo
6 conditioner
3 laundry soap
1 bleach
6 cans mushroom soup
5 jars ragu pasta sauce
15 cans tomatoes (crushed/diced)
2 cans mushroom stems & pieces
1 can baking powder
1 box salt
2 cans fruit cocktail
3 cans creamed corn
9 cans niblet corn
7 cans peas
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can mixed beans
1 1kg chicken gravy
4 cases pop
48 waffles
2 7kg turkeys
2 4kg hams
2 pks italian smokies
2 garlic bread
2 pkgs hotdog buns
2 pkgs hamburger buns
7 1 pound margarine tubs
2 bags chocolate chips
2 bags cranberries
2 bags baby carrots
3 club pack chicken breasts
1 club pack beef sausage
30 rolls TP
18 boxes kleenex

that's all i have for now but it will continue to grow. Now that I can actually see some growth to my stockpile, it feels like I'm finally accomplishing my goal. I want to get those can organizers for my canned goods, would save on save and wouldn't have to worry about knocking cans over all the time.

Things I want to add are:
bleach
laundry soap
dish soap
body wash
razors
bounce
dried milk
sugar
honey
flour
salt
molasis
more meats that can be frozen
cheese
various pasta
rice
water
vitamins
tin foil
plastic wrap
fem. products
vinegar
TP
canned fruits, veggies, meats
????
????
????
Any suggestions? I'm tired and can't think haha :p

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
A start? Ummm, I'd say you have a stockpile. The 22 lbs. of sugar is a stockpile in itself. You are doing great.:cheergrl:

Cat

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Way to go!!! I want to get those can organizers too. I hate always rotating then pull, them forward and adding to the back.

Keep up the great job.

Reactions: crafty73

·
2,688 Posts
Good job :)
Just keeping adding more things as you find them on sales.
Have a little bit of extra money tucked away just for bargain
shopping.

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
Tuna and dried beans, if you family eats them?

I had the can organizers, and ultimately decided I didn't like them. It was harder to see how much I actually had of things, and there were too many things that didn't have their own organzier and the organizers made it harder to find room for them. However, I know a lot of people like them. It was just a great idea that didn't work out well for me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone :) It's a start but by judging by some of the photos on here of other's stockpiles, i have a long ways to go yet lol Plus now that my boys moved back home, I need to increase my stockpile even more (enough to feed and care for 4 ppl - 1 dog, 2 cats and 2 birds lol). But its so nice to go downstairs and see my deepfreeze 3/4's full!!! and all the canned items etc.

I loved beans and will be adding both dried and canned beans. Unfortunately, 2 out of the 4 of us, hates beans and won't touch any food that has beans as one of the ingredients. I was thinking of blending them to a mush to thicken meat dishes etc? to sneak the lil beans in there somehow haha

None of us eat seafood and if I stockpiled tuna, it would be as a treat for my cats. The only exception is at xmas time, my dbf eats pickled herring. If he wants to stockpile that, he can but I'm not lol :p

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I may have overlooked them but the only things that come to mind when I was doing major stockpiling...

any spices that you use...oregano, chili powder, ginger etc

ziploc bags to freeze the extra in...especially soup...soup freezes well

cream cheese

oil, whether it be corn oil or olive oil...I use the deep fryer alot for homemade potato chips and such...I stocked up the gallon size corn oil

I see alot of peanut butter...do you all do jelly?

Box cereal of any type...also good for snack mix

That's a stockpile and it's not tiny....you are off to a grand start.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, i really appreciate it :)
It really helps to hear of things i've missed or forgotten about :p

Yesterday i added 4 jars of jelly/jam, 3 large canned hams, 12 cans of flaked chicken/turkey/ham, 1 container of baking powder, more stuffing (hit a sale and couldn't resist lol), 3 1kg bags of brown sugar, and 4 bags of chocolate chips.

I definately will add spices and other baking supplies, ziploc bags are a definate must have, garbage bags.

Can cream cheese be frozen? Here they sell it either in a foil wrapped brick style or in a little plastic container, both need to be refigerated.

I'd like to add some cheese powder, and when 'real' cheese goes on sale, i always stock up and sometimes will grate it and then freeze it. Definately need to get oils and shortening.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
You are doing great. Yesterday I added
3 jars of spaghetti sauce
1 large tube of toothpaste
1 bag of unbleached flour
1 jar of peanutbutter
2 boxes of tea green tea & vanilla
2 cans of bisquits
2 cream cheese
6 cans of soup

·
Registered
682 Posts
Good job
Just keeping adding more things as you find them on sales.
It builds up quicker than you think.
Pick 1 or 2 items at a time, and buy larger quantities when it's on sale.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Flour, cornmeal, yeast , dried egg whites, dried milk , dried buttermilk (just some things for baking). Oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat, spaghetti noodles, rice. Sorry if you already have these, they are some things I have found easy to store and versitile to make foods and mixes with.

Reactions: Labontet

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Can cream cheese be frozen?

Definately need to get oils and shortening.
Looks like you are doing great.......lots of stuff there..........how many in your family?......big eaters?

I, too, freeze cream cheese. It will also go way beyond the date on it, for refrigeration too.

Don't forget, oils go rancid............BTDT.

I don't buy too much ahead on those....depends on how much you use........like Niko said........if you use a deep fryer......then a different story. But even my deep fryer is a fry baby......so not much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.