Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the tranny is all rebuilt and it is home!!!! I am so glad to have my baby back. Dh worked a lot of overtime last week so we were able to get it fixed!!!!. Road trip to North Carolina is out now due to the money factor, but that's ok I'll go next summer!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Glad to hear that the van is finally all well. Sorry about your having to miss the road trip though. Maybe something better will come up and it be free.

pat

·
27,948 Posts
Good for you Angelee. Glad you have a hard working sweetie looking out for all of you.:)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
That is good news. It sure is nice to have a running vehilce. I hope you are able to take that NC trip next year. This gives you more time to save up for it.:)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
That's great news! Your story is just backwards from mine. lol We made a road trip from MO to NC in 1995. As soon as we got back we had to put a $1000.00 tranny in it! Arghhhh! Good thing we both had good jobs at the time.

I hope you get to go soon.:)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
well, even if it doesn't feel like it, it all worked itself out.

Sorry about the vacation, how about a cheapo camping trip, you can do them on a shoestring.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well we are camping a lot this summer. Believe it or not it is my job. I seel hippie clothing at festivals and we camp out at them. My SIL has been begging us to go to Mississippi so we might do that.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That's great news for your van, Angielee! :) I also hope you have fun camping this summer! Sounds like a fun job!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts