Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to share my vegan Thanksgiving menu if anyone was interested in some veg meals.

Thanksgiving this year is just my husband and me, but I wanted to make an effort anyway, so...

For breakfast: Pumpkin pecan pancakes with apple topping. I have a vegan pumpkin pancake recipe (from a site that this site is calling spam so I can't post it!) - and I'm just adding pecans to the batter (I live in the south! :)) and I'm going to cook down a bunch of little apples I have that are getting a bit over-ripe to make a topping.

And for dinner:
-Salad with some carrots I still have and a honey* (agave) mustard dressing I'll make
-BBQ lentil loaf, recipe from here: Recipe: Lentil Loaf | One Green Planet
-Cornbread: Vegan Cornbread Recipe - Food.com - 115929
-Oven-roasted sweet, yellow, and purple potatoes
-Pumpkin pie in a chocolate crust with a cranberry topping. Vegan pumpkin pie recipe here: Homestyle Vegan Pumpkin Pie | Vegan Spoonful - and then I'll just put it in a chocolate crust instead and make a cranberry sauce topping out of fresh cranberries

Anyone else planning a vegetarian (or even vegan??) Thanksgiving?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Hey that BBQ loaf sounds sooooo good!!!
Have you tried it before? Was it good?
I am interested as I am trying to be vegan and I am gluten sensitive so I could make it with gluten free oats.

Reactions: acidcookie

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm going to make this version of Tofurky I found here: Homemade TOFUrkey dinner « The Vegetarian Librarian

I made a different recipe 2 years ago that was a little bland, so I hope this one is better.

That pie recipe sounds really good - I'm going to try it soon.

Reactions: acidcookie

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you fix the loaf...How was it?
It wasn't bad. My husband really liked it and I liked it, but didn't love it. Very filling and full of flavor, but I think I just found the barbecue sauce too sweet. It was also very moist; I expected it to dry out a bit more as a "loaf". Worth trying though as the ingredients are so cheap and we have enough to last us two more dinners.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm Vegan as well, we had a nut and grain roll with Vegan gravy. Mashed potatoes made with soy milk and earth balance, Vegan candied yams (Swapped out the cream for coconut creamer and used earth balance), stuffing, squash, broccoli, asparagus, You can eat just about everything anyone else can minus the meat. You just have to swap out some of the ingredients.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts