Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been having MISERABLE weather here for at least a month. I cannot even remember the last dry day that we had.
It feels like and looks like Fall except that the trees still have their leaves and the leaves haven't changed color.
But it is enough to get a little down about.

Yesterday whilst looking for something else I found my pumpkin lights and hung them in my kitchen window.

IMO they cheer things up a bit.
My daughter took a photo with her phone and sent it to my dh with the message - 'just to warn you' (didn't know about that till later).
So when he came home he was prepared and only said that it is WAY TOO early to have those hanging up.

OK - need some support here!
What do you think? Is it really too early? Especially considering the weather? Judge for yourselves.
We actually have a small tree in front of that window so unless it is dark and someone really looks, not many people will see them.

They should be grateful that I can't buy pumpkins yet or I would have bought a couple for the outside of the house.
I LOVE pumpkins.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Hey i's only Aug, but if it cheers you up enjoy. There is nothing wrong with dressing up your windows for Halloween , Christmas, Easter or anything else. Smile they look just fine.
Fern

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Why not? You love them, go for it! :)

Reactions: Dutchie

·
4,028 Posts
I like! They are bright and cheery and make you feel better!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don't think there is anything wrong with them, however, I also think it is only fair to consider all parties involved. It is a bit early for Halloween so maybe there is something else that would brighten your spirits until a bit later into the fall season?

I live alone so it is only about me, but I would much rather have others to consider and find it necessary to change my ways a bit to accommodate those around me. Just a different point of view I am pointing out I guess.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it makes you happy - go for it....life is too short....we sure could use some of that rain here in Texas....we are in bad shape here!!!
Believe me, if I could, I would send some over there.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
We sure are in bad shape in Texas!!!!

My lawn is hay. it's 101 today and thats down from 109!

Lake fork is dry as a bone.

Blah Blah Blah I want rain!

End whining....

Love the pumpkins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts