Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I don't usually watch Oprah

Unless Oprah B*^%h-slaps her... I don't want to watch EITHER of them...

·
Registered
540 Posts
She knew exactly what she was doing when she had the doctor do it...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
She just makes me soooooooo mad i can't stand it!

Reactions: Nana2two

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Suze Orman was just going for sensationalism. If ever there was an unhelpful statement that was it. It's kind of like putting spilled milk back in the glass. If she truly wanted to be helpful and not flame the fires, she would have solely focused on what now. How does Nadya get herself out of this mess she's gotten herself and kids in.

While I may not agree with Nadya, Suze Orman's pious, self righteous attitude gets under my skin. She's the queen of I told you so, and rubbing your nose in your sins. UGH!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I didn't watch it either not worth my time!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
three of my least favorite ppl on one show...nope didn't watch.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I watched it and I did like Suze's financial advice and I'm glad that Nadya listened. She did have the garage sell and got rid of the two nannies. She also told her to go to church and she did. Lets hope it sticks! I think Suze asking some of those questions was because many people do want to know.

I just can't stand watching Nadya though. Her jumping around in the seat, her constant shaking her head and saying uh huh, and her laugh. She did the same thing when she was on the View.

I truly feel for the kids and I hope they can have a good life.

·
Registered
540 Posts
If this world wasn't lacking so much in common sense, we would not need Dr. Phil, her, or others like them..

My aunt was a freek for Dr. Phil so I watched him one day and just LOL'd at all the advice he gave, all common sense solutions..

I am my best friends therapist, if she needs a reality punch, she calls me ;) I don't slap it, I punch it...

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I really agree with Polly - a lot of what Suze discussed was very counter-productive. I've actually never seen her on TV before and she made a terrible impression on me. It isn't like Nadya can take the extra kids back or anything. What's the point of reminding her that she made mistakes? Who hasn't?

I find Nadya to be a very strange person. I do disagree with many of the decisions she has made, but I truly hope she can turn things around for herself. She may not be the brightest bulb in the box but I don't think she is malicious. People need to remember, anything they wish on Nadya, they are also wishing on 14 innocent children. I was impressed that she followed every bit of advice that she was given - it really seems that she wants to do the right thing.

I only got to watch the 1st fifteen minutes of the program, but I was pretty fed up with Suze by then.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Palooka, what's to know about Nadya? I do not mean this with any malice, but she's in need of some mental health intervention. (imho) Suze Orman (imho) is an opportunist who sharpens her teeth on those that don't know any better then to expose themselves to the wolf in sheep's clothing likes of her. This show was all about everyone grabbing the :popcorn: and settling in for the sideshow. No one does what Nadya did without having some psychological problems. Suze Orman is not a mental health professional and no matter what advice she gave her it's unlikely to to stick until Nayda deals with what's at the root of the problem.

Understanding Nadya's reasoning for what she did would take a degree in psychology. No matter what she says it's just not going to make sense to rational people. Suze Orman trying to rationalize with her is truly futile. Clearly Nayda would do this all over again if she found a doctor willing to do it, even knowing she can not afford to take care of them. Whatever is compelling her to do this is far stronger then the rational of not being able to care for them. This needs to be dealt with quietly and without voyeurism. If Suze Orman was pure in her motives she would have met with Nadya privately. She was just promoting herself on the back of someone who is suffering from psychological problems. (imho)

Reactions: bonnotsm9

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I agree Nadya needs mental help big time and of course the show was good for popcorn and Oprah knew it would be when Nadya wrote her for help. I was just making a comment about the show so I'm confused by your post. I've always liked Suze.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I guess Suze Orman just gets under my skin in general. She's so self righteous, always reminding people why their in the mess their in.

And Yeah, Oprah should be ashamed of herself putting that woman on stage. imho

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
three of my least favorite ppl on one show...nope didn't watch.
Same here.

Oprah is just - yuck! Our cable provider recently added the Oprah network to our channel lineup. At which time, I quickly activated my channel block feature.

Suze, I won't even go there. Blah!

And I refuse to follow the "Octomom" junk from the beginning. I did not even know who Nadya Suleman was when I read the title of this thread. I had to Google her name to figure out that she was *that* person.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I don't think Nayda had a mental problem. I think she had a greed problem.I don't see any difference in popping out eight children at once that you cannot afford, or popping them out one at a time that you cannot afford. She was looking for money, did not matter who she would use.Therapy does not help the narcissist(which in my unprofessional and unskilled opinion she is)It makes my head hurt just thinking about being in her mess, or trying to help her out. Don't know which would be worse.

Reactions: Booklover
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.