Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I'm organizing all my homeschooling books so that they are in one place and I then will know exactly what I need for the coming year.

How about you? What one thing will you doing this week to make your life simpler?

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
My mom is having a yard sale, and I am getting rid of some of the junk that I have kept in the garage causing major clutter. I am tired of having too much stuff and no where to put it.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I am decluttering as much as possible, and I am being ruthless!! Everything had better have a home, or out it goes!! ROFL:D

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I'm going to continue planning daily summer activities with the children, so it goes more smoothly and I don't lose my mind. LOL

Planning some meals to be double meals. (chicken dinner into fried rice the next day etc)

·
Tina Bob
1,591 Posts
Today or tomorrow I plan on cleaning up my food storage shelves. When the dks put the stuff away for me they tend to put the new food in the front. I will take all the food off the shelves, wipe them down and rearrange the cans with the oldest dates in the front. Then I will no longer have to reach to the back when I need something.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Lesson planning for next week's homeschool lessons! We're trying something new and it's worked really well for us this week so hopefully next week's lessons will flow well also.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm sorting through my homeschooling stuff and getting things ready for the used curriculum sale tomorrow. The other thing I'm going to do this week is lock the cats out of my bedroom at night so that I can get a full night's sleep without the furball alarm clocks waking me up at 4:30 a.m.:paw:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am going to menu plan to where I can cook more than one meal at a time, so that I am not cooking all summer. I hope this becomes a habit that I stick with when school starts back.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Re-arrange my kitchen shelves - all boxed items in one spot, seasonings in another, etc.

Clean up some stuff in-laws left here - they left 20 years worth of junk here and haven't moved much in the past month. They said they would come get more this week - I just need to get it ready. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm currently de-cluttering. Some stuff is mine, some is my dad's that he left here. I'm also going to dust off my menu planner's and get back to doing that.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I organized my clothes closet and folded everything neatly in my dressers. I even folded my sweaters neatly and stacked them on top of a dresser I keep in my closet. I will donate 2 shopping bags of clothes that I haven't worn in years. I hope this helps me find my clothing quicker when I am getting dressed in the morning and causes less stress when I open the closet doors.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Im pulling everything out of my closet and sorting thru it. I have already done my sons and have it all stacked up for a yard sale. I have a couple months to go yet as our town has an annual yard sale the first week of September. I want my closet organised now so everything doesnt fall down when I pull one thing out!

·
Registered
639 Posts
When i do the laundry I will be hanging the weeks clothing for ds and I in the bathroom to minimize the morning rummaging for clothes.
I'm also going to prep our lunches for the week to save some time there, and keep me from hitting the fast food.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
These are somethings that I've always done to make the start my days easier. The 1st is that since laundry is somehing I do everyday, I fill the machine with the next load the night before. It's nice to just have to add the detergent and turn on the machine. Another 'night before' chore that I do is have my coffee pot filled and ready to be turned on. While the coffee pot is doing it's thing, I turn on the washer and make my bed. Simple easy things that get my day off to a good start! This is especially true for having my bed made 1st thing. For some reason those 3 little things make me feel like I've go half my work done and can face the rest of my jobs much easier!

For me a little prep goes a LONG way!!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
mammamia,
I do the same thing.lol
This week I will be decluttering alot of stuff so I don't trip over it anymore.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I need to write down some short term goals while I'm over here in Kuwait. Trying to keep everything organized in my head is NOT simple:tmi:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I will be prepping DS#2s school clothes/supplies and making sure he has enough that we don't hear "I don't have a belt, uniform shirt, ect. clean". He starts in 2 weeks and I don't want to run around gathering things the day before.

·
8,714 Posts
~Great thread, thanks for starting it! I'm sending back back my Homescan scanner. Even though I downloaded everything correctly and had an easy time actually using the scanner, I've been unable to transmit and have had to repeatedly contact panel support. Now they say I must need a different type of scanner. The rewards for participating aren't that great(household stuff) so I'm giving it up.~

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'm currently de-cluttering the kids' rooms and will be stocking my freezer & pantry. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm doing major Ebay listing today and this week to help de-clutter my house after our move from one house to another this past January. I still have boxes and boxes of stuff that I just don't need and will never use (being harshly realistic on myself here), clothes I won't wear again, toys the kids won't ever play with again, etc. Time to do major clean out! It will serve a dual purpose - de-cluttering the house and making me much needed extra cash to deal with the ever-increasing gas and food prices!

I'm also going to try and grab a flat or two of strawberries and some late-seasion rhubarb to freeze for the winter, maybe make some jam.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts