Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
hi! i am 56 and dh is 63. ( i am also a newbie to posting.) i just love the quiet. i like being alone with dh and our old yellow lab "bruno". our favorite times are gardening, sitting out on the deck reading with our coffee and tea. feeding and watching the birds in our yard and taking baths in our birdbath. we have a firepit that is going almost all the time, except for EXTREME heat days....lol our older neighbor comes and sit with us quite a bit. she loves gardening so we have a lot in common. my mom comes and stays with us almost every week for 3 days. i guess i am appreciating the elderly more and still learning from them. it is so great to read these posts and know that we are on the same wavelength with other empty nesters.

there is almost.........almost.....no drama in our lives right now. it is wonderful. i think as we get older, all those small aggravations are disapearing. or we just don't give them credence anymore. ahhhhh....peace!!

·
27,948 Posts
I appreciate:
~we survived the teen years
~the neat people my kids have grown into
~being content with less
~my place in my family. Kind of bittersweet, I'm where my mil was 20 years or so ago. I'm the adult in the middle and my kids have taken my place. Time is marching on.
~that my palate loves so many more foods than it once did
~a full table
~not caring what other people think
~liking who I am
~ realizing that we all are pretty much the same & I can feel comfortable talking to just about anyone
Notice
~Aches, just little things here & there, more & more
~eyesight changing, feet growing, lol
~metabolism slowing down, I really can't eat the way I'd like
and it shows.
~that most marriages don't have to end
~families really need to spend more time together not everyone off doing their own thing
~people need to own up to the choices they make & stop blaming others & we need to not bail them out or make excuses for them
~political correctness is a bunch of bs
~life really is what you make it, choose wisely & enjoy

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Sunrise.
Porches.
Rocking chairs.
"just sitting" - ok, I can hear some of you laughing out there, but I AM getting better at it! 20 years ago I didn't even know that I didn't know how.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts