Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:fdance:I got a whole big box of Bananas for FREE today so now I have to figure out what to do with all of them. I have a big bunch in the dehydrator now and going to save another bunch for more tomorrow. (This is the only way DD1 can eat them, Ill explain below)
I have read some of the earlier posts and have gotten some great ideas...breads, cookies, boats....mmmmmmmmmm I love me some NANNERS!!! If you have any tried and trues that havent been listed in awhile that you would like to share I would be grateful.

**Now to explain the earlier stated**
DD1 is allergic to bananas, something about a latex connection:scratch:. But anyway, she can eat them after they have been dehydrated and they do not bother her. I dont know why this is but she loves them and she can have them this way so we try to oblige.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great haul!!! I peel and freeze the extras too for treats later. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a recipe for some strawberry banana butter made in the crockpot. I have a big batch going now to can and I cant wait to see how it turns out. Ill let you all know.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I love making banana pancakes, I learned this years ago with WIC, take ripened bananas mash them then stir them in the pancake batter, it makes the pancakes sweet where you do not need as much syrup.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you like soft serve ice cream try this:
Peel and slice ripe bananas then freeze flat on a baking tray. When frozen solid, place a bunch in a food processor with a touch of milk or 1/2 n 1/2 and process until creamy like soft serve. Spoon into sundae dishes, top with chocolate syrup and walnuts (or whatever you like...butterscotch is yummy too!) and you have a wonderful low fat, non-dairy treat that is low in calories and full of potassium! You'll swear you're eating ice cream!!! :ban:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.